Chapter 3

Santana's POV:

Why did she do this? I mean, it is a good thing, I guess, anyone would see this as a great thing. For example Rachel, sees this as a good thing. Over the past month or so Rachel, Brittany Quinn and I have become quite good friends, well actually, Brittany Rachel and I have become good friends. Quinn just tags along because even though she hasn't voiced these concerns out loud she is threatened by me spending too much time with Brittany.

Today was the day that everybody found out about Brittany and Quinn's relationship, Most people were confused as they thought the two blondes were cousins. By the time it spread to the whole school Brittany was bombarded with questions about her relationship with the popular Quinn Fabray.

-------

As the weeks past by Brittany was treated like royalty, when Bree or any of her friends tried to get to Brittany more and more people started to intervene, effectively stopping Bree's attempts all together. Which was the only good thing that had come of this. For me anyway. You see, this was the only thing I had going for me, Quinn keeping their relationship a secret it got to Brittany a lot, I had multiple times consoled Brittany over this, this seemed to be the only predicament in their relationship as a whole, what I knew about anyway.

Now as I watch Brittany sitting on the bleachers, reading a book, I realise that she hasn't changed at all. She still talks to all of her friends who are still considered as 'Losers' She could just talk to Quinn and her friends who seem to like her enough, but she hasn't left them for popularity. I admire her for that, any other person would have. That just shows that Brittany is a genuine person. That's what I Lo- I mean like about her.

"Take 5 then we will go straight into the routine!" Sue yelled into her megaphone. As soon as she said this I jogged over to Brittany, plonking down beside her.

"Hey Brit, what'cha reading?" I asked trying to look at the front cover. She abruptly shut the book and turned to me fully a smile crossing her face.

"What do you want to ask me?" She questioned and I laughed.

"What makes you thi-" I started but she cut me off mid sentence.

"You always know what book I'm reading because you ask me each day before school" She gave me a pointed look "And whenever you ask a question you already know it is followed by another question" She looked at me with her eyebrows raised waiting for my question.

She was right, I did want to ask her something. Its scary how much she knows about me. But I am the same for her, example would be when she puts her finger between her lips and just slides it through the slight parted gap when she's reading it means something angsty is going on.

"Okay, I was wondering if you wanted to come over today after practice, we didn't finish watching Riverdale and I can't wait any longer" I groaned to emphasise how much I wanted to watch it.

Brittany and I made a promise that whenever we start watching a series we have to watch the episodes together. I don't just do this because I secretly have a crush on Brittany and want her to be close to me at all times (maybe a little) but we have a really close friendship, I can trust Brittany with anything, Brittany is my best friend, Rachel is second, but she knows that already. Being close to the blonde makes me happy. I always get a feeling in my chest when I'm with her, like my heart is splitting in half, but in a good way, like whenever Brittany accidentally brushed her fingers with mine or vice versa, it cracks a little more and a light shines through. That's what it feels like when I'm with her. But when I'm away, my heart closes up and there is a dull ache of want that has replaced the euphoric feeling.