One-Sided Brawl

All six teenagers had been walking in the hot sun for nearly 3 hours when they reached a small sign by the side of the road. Logan quickly walked over to the object that had just began sparking hope in his companions and slowly read it. Everyone stopped in their tracks as his eyes scanned the white rectangle standing crookedly on the side of the road.

"Well? What does it say?" Bennett asked.

"Thirty-Five miles until a place named.... Masino?" He said slowly.

"I've never heard of that place in my life," Amar said.

"Yeah and I do not remember passing it either," Dalia said.

"Well it's a place so we might as well try it out," Faith said optimistically and began walking along the road.

"Do you guys really think we can make this?!" Bennett exclaimed clearly frustrated.

"We can if we just keep walking," Amar said as he walked past him.

"But..." he began but sighed and continued walking along with everyone else. Dalia sped up and tried to catch up with Sun Li, nearly tripping and falling on Amar on her way.

"Does this always happen in America?" She asked.

"Umm no, believe it or not, this is actually the first time it has happened to any of us," Sunny laughed, "Hey but you haven't told me where you're going? I mean I know we picked you up but you haven't told us where you're headed."

"Well Faith said she would drive me to my new family which recently adopted me," she said.

"That's amazing!" Sunny exclaimed, "I bet they're wonderful."

"They are. We have spoken many times in the past and I cannot wait to meet them face to face."

"Cool, I'm actually going to meet my new niece!" Sunny said happily.

"Wow really? What is her name?" Dalia asked.

"Rosaline, or Rose for short," she smiled.

"That's very beautiful," Dalia smiled back, nicely. Both girls were beginning to speak again when Amar walked past them, bumping shoulders with Dalia. She turned to apologize and for a second Amar was going to do the same but he stopped when he saw Dalia. She gave him a polite smile but he only turned and kept walking, ignoring her. Both Sunny and Dalia turned to each other confusion written over their faces.

Meanwhile, Faith tried making Logan feeling better but he only continued looking down at the ground. Amar walked happily over to them and tried pushing them apart to walk in the middle, a smile plastered on his face. His light push was enough to send Faith tumbling down the small hill and into the bushes.

"Faith!" Logan yelled trying to catch her as she fell. When he didn't catch her hand, everyone rushed to the edge of the road, watching as she tumbled down.

Sighs left everyone's lips as she stood up at the bottom of the hill, waved that she was alright, and began climbing back up. Logan, already in a bad mood, turned to Amar with an angry look in his eyes.

"You freaking retard!" He yelled as he shoved him to the ground. Amar quickly hopped up and stepped back, not wanting to fight. "You could've killed her!" Logan pushed him roughly again, this time sending him flying into Sunny and Dalia. They both caught him just before he landed on the hard road. Once again, Logan stomped towards Amar, ready to fight this time, but Faith got between them.

"Stop Logan!" She demanded, "Fighting isn't going to get us anywhere. Yes, we're stranded in the middle of nowhere but there isn't anyway we can change that, okay? The only hope for it is to work together. You're fighting because you're scared. You think you're going to die," She began speaking to everyone, "we all might think we're going to die. I'm not sugarcoating it, that might just happen! Us working together would lower that chance, it'll be the only hope so we can't fight. We'll come up with a plan to get out of this alive."

Faith's speech was met with silence from everyone around her.

"Well, I mean, we could wait for a car to pass," Sunny said quietly.

"Or we could keep walking," Bennett spoke up from the back.

"Or we could walk by the road and look for a car," Logan sighed.

"Okay, we'll do that," Faith said,"Come on guys." As they did before, everyone began following Faith alongside the road with small sparks of hope in all of them. All but one. One whose desperation would cause major problems for everyone else.