Chapter 4: A New Insight

Ch4

All hope is lost for me.

I am nothing and no one.

I deserve nothing and no one.

I should've let Pan kill me when I had the chance.

Captain Hook could be a real bummer when he was left alone with his thoughts for too long and even sometimes when he wasn't alone with them. 

"James, you still haven't answered my question." Mary stared into the pirate's eyes, unfazed by the past within them.

"And what was that again? Sorry, love, I'm a bit distracted."

"I was wondering what you long for most in life."

He thought for a moment, stroking the scruff on his chin. Should he go with the sarcastic charmer answer, something like, "Well, that would be to have dinner with you... And maybe a little more." And then a wink. Or, he could use the truth. He hadn't even considered that one for a while. What would he even say?

"I want a crocodile to eat me as the clock that forever haunts me from in its stomach ticks by my digesting ear."

No, that's no good. Too dramatic.

"I feel like your attitude has been a bit self-destructive. Is what you want so negative that you can't even bear to say it?"

"You took the words right out of my mouth, sweetheart," Hook sighed, relieved that he didn't have to answer her intrusive question.

"Look," Mary pondered, "I have some other prisoners that have been feeling the same as you. I mean, you guys were at the top of your games and you were just struck down. No wonder you feel like this. I think that if you met some other people that felt the same as you, you'd see that this is normal and happens to everyone and that you don't have to feel like you do. Same for the rest of them."

"I might be willing to give it a try if it means I don't have to feel like that damn crocodile is on my back for all eternity."

"Oh, that's great news. Just... just give me a day or two to organize a meeting. This could be really good for all of you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"James, Loki, Gaston, Kaa, Mother Gothel, Ursula, and Scar. You all know why you're here. You're destined for something greater, but you just don't know how to figure it out yet. Each of you will help the others figure it out by sharing your deepest secrets and dreams and thoughts and fears." They all just stared. Even though they'd been warned about this, they weren't ready for it.

"I'm not sure I signed up for this." Loki replied, almost disgusted for allowing himself to be talked into coming here.

"How long have you been working on this?" Gaston scoffed.

Hook weighed in, "I really don't think this is for me, Mary. I'm sorry I wasted your ti--"

"Now, now," Mother Gothel broke in. "Let the dear defend herself. Go on sweetheart."

But even with all of her preparation, Mary didn't know that she was ready to venture into this unknown territory yet. She was used to talking to these people. Only separately. She saw all these eyes staring at her, expecting so much, and she didn't know how to handle it, but that was what she was here to teach. She wanted them to learn how to handle their fears and control their thoughts so they could use them to make themselves into better people. To be their own heroes while building each other up as well.