Chapter Three

A mass of throbbing pain is imposed on me as I feel the first shred of consciousness. I warily open my eyes, to once again meet the uncanny purple sky. It's unexpectedly soothing, beyond its appearance. Almost like a medicine; a catharsis.

"God's body, I was about to fall sleep if you hadn't woken up just now! Had enough of your beauty sleep?"

The sudden remark breaks me out of my reverie and I stand on my feet like a startled deer. I turn around to see something I had never seen before. Or someone. You see, it's quite confusing to have been unconscious a moment ago, then have a foreign entity occupy the entirety of your vision, maximum of 20 centimetres away. So, I scream. The loudest, longest, shrill of scream I have ever produced in my life. The poor-- no, strange-- cloaked entity retreats a few steps away quickly. Seeing I am still unharmed, I stop screaming. Well, that sure did a number or my throat.

"I really didn't mean to startle you like that."

It, he, she, whatever, was unexpectedly gentle. But I decide to run for my life anyway, in the opposite direction of where it, he, she is standing. However, a force lollops over me, and I find myself pinned to the ground, on my stomach. I try to scream and shout, but it is fruitless as I am pinned down by strength I have never experienced before, and I'm running low on energy. Not that I could hope to overwhelm this calibre of strength even if I had energy.

"Look, I know you hit your head, but it's no time to act like a child. Grow up, you moron," says the strangely familiar voice, with a Scottish accent. I don't recall coming to Scotland.

"Emmff mmm ghhh," I articulate very clearly.

"Alright, I'll let you go only if you promise to not run away. I can see you have no energy. Even if you did, you just saw what I can do; I'll outrun you immediately. So don't try anything fishy," he says, with a hint of command in his voice.

It's a he, by the way. I just noticed his voice is sweeter than honey and so familiar I wouldn't mind hearing the same authoritative command again. But I digress. "Uhumm," I manage to choke out of my parched throat, as a declaration of an agreement. I feel his weight shift away from me, and stand up. Well, I try at least, but it doesn't work. So I remain seated in the unfamiliar, yet so familiar forest that begs to be remembered.

"Here, some water," he says as he hands me a leather pouch.

I examine the brown pouch closely, before asking him with my raspy voice, "who are you?" The idea of a man rougher than a rock, yet as gentle as a mother baffles me.

So he removes his black hood, revealing a hearty grin. But, first, I notice the circles of his eyes, which resemble ice more than eyes. Blue and white and grey and silver. Ethereal. Then I notice his hair, which is silver and wavy in its own right. I am immediately blown away by his beauty, and a very prominent blush creeps over my very white cheeks. Then I notice his toothy grin. "I asked, who are you?" I say in a much more hostile voice.

His smile fades away and is replaced by an expression of realisation. Then brief disappointment entails. "Just a stranger passing by. I found you on the ground. Thought you were dead. But you were alive. Here have some food and go back home," he says in an aloof tone, his manner suddenly becoming estranged. He hands me some strange fruits from his bag, and turns around in a haste as if trying to avoid me. But I know better than to believe he is a mere stranger, he just seems too familiar, though I don't know why.

"I know you," I lie through my teeth. "Why are you acting like this?"

He stops in his tracks.

I'll do anything, even lie, to get answers.

  ______________________
WELL
I UPDATED AFTER THREE YEARS OF A BREAK LOLOL
IN MY DEFENCE I WAS TOO BUSY. Sadly, the language of the continuing chapters may be very different from the previous ones-- I was three years younger than I am now. I'll soon go back to revise anything weird.
HOPE YOURE ENJOYING THIS

Also, I think I'm going to change the title of this book