Chapter 3

Aubree's POV
"H-He's my ex boyfriend." I said. "He used to abuse me." I said. Niall stared at me for a couple of seconds, and he hugged me. He held me for a long time. He rubbed his thumb across my wrist and froze. He stared at me in silence for a minute, not letting go of my arm. "What's that?" He asked. "I-It's nothing, we should probably go-," I said, trying to get up. Niall interrupted me by grabbing my arm a bit harshly. He pulled up my sleeve and looked at my cuts. He ran his thumb over them. It's like he was trying to see if they were really there. "Niall let go of my arm." I said. He didn't let go. "Niall let go!" I said a bit louder. He let my arm go quickly, I could see the sorrow in his eyes. "W-Why?" He asked with tears in his eyes. I explained to him what I explained to Liam. He hugged me. "I just feel like I will never be good enough.." I said. I tried not to cry, but the topic was a really hard thing for me to speak about. "Look Bree, you're more than enough, it hurts me that you don't see that. You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. You aren't any of those things that you call yourself. Im begging you..please don't do this anymore." He said. "I don't know." I said. He looked at the ground with a heartbreaking look on his face. "But for you, I can try.." I said. He looked up at me, and smiled. I hugged him. "Thank you, for understanding." I said. "No problem Aubree. You're like one of my bestfriends, even though I've only known you for about a month." He said. "Thanks." I said. "I'll help you stop cutting. Whenever you feel like doing it, talk to me and I'll help you. You have to promise you won't do it anymore though." He said. "I-I promise." I said. "Do you think I can spend the night tonight? I think I'll feel safer at your house. I know you guys can protect me." I said. "Yeah sure but, you should ask your mum first." He said. I nodded. "Can you send her in?" I asked. "Yeah, I'll go get her." He said, and hugged me. "Oh, and here's your phone." He said. He handed me my phone, and walked out. I got another text.
————————————————————————
Alex: I see you've told your little boyfriend about me. Well, he can't protect you forever babe. See you soon xoxo.
——————————————————————
I sighed. I think I was starting to really like Niall. I actually have a crush on him. About 5 minutes later, my mom walked in. "Hey honey, how are you feeling?" She asked. "I'm feeling okay.." I said. "Mom, is it alright if I stay at nialls tonight. I'm sorry, but I feel like I would be safer there." I said. "I don't know.." she said. I started trying to convince her. "Hmmm.. alright, but only for a few days." She said. "Thanks." I said. "Your welcome honey, you can leave now if you want." She said. "Yeah." I said. "I'll go tell the doctor, zayn is gonna come in." She said. I nodded. She walked out, and a few minutes later zayn walked in. "Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked. "Fine." I said. "So, what happened?" He asked. "I had a panic attack." I said. He nodded. "So..you're gonna be staying at our house for a few days?" He asked. I nodded. "Niall has a few guest rooms." He said. I nodded. Niall walked in. "You can go home now Aubree, I'll drive you to your house to get some clothes." Niall said. "Okay." I said. I stood up. "Oh, they said u have to leave in a wheelchair." Niall said. "Here, its outside the door." He said. I walked out, and got on it. Louis was on one too, and Harry was behind him. "Lou, what are you doing?" I asked. "LETS RACE!!" He shouted. "Harold, push me yeah?" Louis said. "Fine. Niall come push me." I said. "Liam, ill get on one and u push me." Zayn said. "This is a bad idea.." Liam said. "Pleaseeee!" Louis begged. "Fine." Liam said. "On your mark...get ready...get set...GO!" Liam said, and we raced. I got there first. "YAY!" me and Niall yelled. Louis pouted. "HARRY! YOU DIDNT GO FAST ENOUGH!!!" Louis screamed. "I'm sorry louboo." Harry said. "Enough you two. How about we get Aubree's clothes, and go to nandos?" Liam said. "Awesome! I love that place. I had it the first week I was here, and it was amazing!" I said. "Niall does too, that's his favorite restaurant." Zayn said. "Yep." Niall said, and smiled at me. "Okay, let's go to my house." I said. I sat on the passenger side of nialls Range Rover. We got to my house. I got out of the car. "Niall, want to help me?" I asked. He nodded. I walked into my house and upstairs to my room. Niall followed. "You have a nice room." Niall complimented. "Thanks." I said. I started packing clothes, and stuff I'd need. "This is your guitar?" He asked. I nodded. "I like your guitar and piano." He complimented. "Thanks." I said. I finished packing. "Okay, let's go tell my mom goodbye." I said. We walked to my moms room. I knocked. "Come in" she said. We walked in. "Hi mom, I just wanted to say goodbye, and be careful if he comes here." I said. She nodded. "Bye honey." She said kissing my cheek. "You take care of my daughter." She said, turning to Niall. "Don't worry miss Jackson, I will." Niall said. "Okay mom, we have to go, I love you bye!" I said. I hugged her one last time, then we left back to the car. I put my stuff in the trunk, then got back in the passenger seat. "TO NANDOS!!!" Niall screamed. I laughed. "Can I turn the radio on?" I asked. "Yeah sure, go ahead." Niall said. "Oh wait! Let me put a song on, yeah?" Niall said. I nodded. He put a song on. "YAY!!!" Louis and Harry shouted. "Kareoke version?" Harry asked. Niall nodded. Liam started singing. "Hey girl I'm waiting on ya, I'm waiting on ya. Come on and let me sneak you out, and have a celebration, a celebration. The music up, the windows down." Liam sang. Then zayn started singing. "Yeah, we'll be doing what we do, just pretending that we're cool and we know it too, yeah we'll keep doing what we do, just pretending that we're cool, so tonight." Zayn sang. "Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun I know we only met but let's pretend it's love and never, never, never stop for anyone tonight let's get some and live while we're young whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh tonight let's get some." They all sang. "and live while we're young!" Harry sang.
"hey girl it's now or never, it's now or never
don't overthink, just let it go and if we get together, yeah get together don't let the pictures leave your phone." Zayn sang. "yeah, we'll be doing what we do just pretending that we're cool, so tonight." Niall sang. He sounded so angelic, of course I've heard him sing before but wow! "Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun I know we only met but let's pretend it's love and never, never, never stop for anyone tonight let's get some and live while we're young whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh tonight let's get some." They all sang again. "and live while we're young!" Harry sang. "and girl, you and I we're about to make some memories tonight." Zayn sang. "I wanna live while we're young we wanna live while we're young." Louis sang. "Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun I know we only met but let's pretend it's love and never, never, never stop for anyone tonight let's get some and live while we're young whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh tonight let's get some." They all sang again. "wanna live, wanna live, wanna live while we're young (wanna live, wanna live (wanna live while we're young) wanna live, wanna live, wanna live while we're young tonight let's get some." they sang. "and live while we're young." Zayn sang. Then the song ended. "Wow you guys are amazing!!!!!" I screamed. They laughed. "Well ,we are a band." Liam said. "What's it called?" I asked. "It's called One Direction." Harry said. I nodded and typed it into my Spotify search. I found them, and put all their songs into a playlist. I'll listen to it later. We arrived at Nandos, got off the car, and went inside. We ordered. Once we got our food, we sat down. A guy walked in with his hoodie over his face. "Excuse miss, may I speak with you for a moment?" He asked coming over to me. I recognized his voice, but when I looked into his eyes I fully recognized him. "Jake?" I said. He pulled down his hoody to reveal his messy black hair, and beautiful brown eyes. I let tears fall and threw my arms around him, hugging him really tight. "I-I've missed you so much!" I said. "I missed you too AJ!" He said. I turned around sniffling. "G-Guys this is jake, my bestfriend from two years ago. He moved away and we didn't get to talk anymore, we've known eachother since we were about 4 or 5." I said. "AJ can I speak to you for a moment." Jake said. "I'll be right back." I told the boys. They nodded. Me and jake sat a few tables down. "I've missed you so much." I said. "I've missed you too, I moved here a few months ago, and I saw you walking around my highschool." He said. "You go to the same school?!" I said. He nodded. "Well I've got to get back to my food, here let's exchange numbers." I said. "Maybe we can meet up for lunch, and start hanging out again?" He said. "That'd be amazing." I said. We exchanged numbers, and I went and sat down with the boys. "Hey." Niall said. "Hiiii." I said. "So after this we can go back to nialls and chill yeah?" Zayn asked, turning to me. "Yeah I don't care." I said shrugging. Zayn smiled at me. I smiled back. About a minute later I saw Heather walk in. She laughed, and looked over at our table, I looked the other way, because she's been bullying me a lot still. She smirked at me, and walked over. "Hey babe." She said to Niall. "What do you want Heather?" Niall asked, annoyed. "Wanna go to the club with me, think of it as a date?" She asked him. "The club is a great idea but not with you. Not a date. I think me, the lads, and Bree will go another night." He said. "You really want to go with her? Why she's so disgusting, even Carter thinks so! I have a video right here of him saying it." She said. "What?" I asked. "Right here." She said, and showed it to me.
Heather - "hey what do you think about
Aubree?" (Same question asked to everyone - A/N)
Issac - "Who?"
-------------------------------------------------------
Heather - "the ugly one."
Ally - "oooohhhh you mean fugly, that's what we call her at least."
Heather - "omg!"
-------------------------------------------------------
Efren - "the one that hangs with those one direction guys all the time? oh she's retarded, I remember she asked the dumbest question in class the other day."
Heather - "yeah she is."
-------------------------------------------------------
Brianna - "oh that girl?"
Heather - "yep
-------------------------------------------------------
Ella - "my cousin went to her old school and, she says that Aubree was such a loser and a loner
Heather - "HA!"
-------------------------------------------------------
Harley - "I don't know her at all, is she a weirdo?"
Heather - "YES!"
-------------------------------------------------------
Carter - "She's a liar and she brakes promises, no one should be her friend if she's gonna be untrustworthy like that. and she made up this story about an ex boyfriend."
Heather - "wow pathetic."
-------------------------------------------------------
"No Carter- he would never do that." I said. "Okay well he said it, and it's on tape but believe what you want." She said. "I can't believe he would say that, especially about me he was the first one I trusted he-" I said, but was cut off. "Doesn't care at all." Heather finished. "I'm done eating, can we go?" I asked through gritted teeth. "Yeah, let's go." Niall said, looking angrier than me. We all walked to the car, and got in. The car ride was silent. We pulled up to nialls house a few minutes later. I got out of the car, and Niall unlocked the door. I walked inside. "Which ones my room?" I asked. "Oh I had Simon costumize it for you earlier before we left the hospital, so there's new stuff in there for whenever you stay here.
The room is next door to mine, and there's a few surprises for you in there." Niall said, and winked at me. I blushed a bit. "Okay." I said, smiling. I got my stuff, and ran upstairs to my room. I walked in, and my mouth fell open.