Incoming!

Later that day, the 212 battalion had an emergency meeting.

"Grawlings, please rise," General McDauds said. (Grawlings is my last name, though we all have nicknames, and they called me Red, because 3 years ago I emerged from the battlefield with 3 red lines on my exoskeleton. That was the blood drawn on me from a fallen comrade.
    "You are promoted to general of the 212 battalion," McDauds said.
    "You are all dismissed," McDauds said. As we left I noticed a few people with confused looks on their faces.

    "Hey," Terrance said. Terrance is another guy in the 212 battalion. He is the 2nd best man next to Hydra, another guy.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Congrats on the promotion!" He said happily. He has an Indian accent.

"Thanks," I replied.

"Why----," Terrance was interrupted by loud, earsplitting ringing. This was the REAL emergency bell.

"GO GO GO!" I heard the instructor scream almost as loud as the bell. We ran to the locker room and suited up. The run to the locker room was about 10 minutes. When we chose our gear I chose the R17-21 reflex ( a plasma gun since plasma was stronger than traditional and alternate ammunition) and a plasma Intervention ( a sniper). We got into a boarding ship since there was an enemy cruiser heading our way. We heard and felt rumbling. The rumbling we felt was like tremors and aftershocks. We got into our Mk XlV fighter packs. When we got in, it produced and reformed material to shape itself into a mini fighter jet that was powered by the jets. Sounds Bizarre right? That's what I thought, but when fully formed, it looks natural, like it didn't change forms. We had to exit out to customize the ship ( attach custom or remade cannons, machine guns, etc). I equipped 2 Mk X PM  cannons(Plasma Missile, a mix of a Missile surrounded by plasma), and an overhead Catching machine. A catching machine is a machine that produced a small tractor beam than can grab projectiles, and reverse them as if I were to fire the missile. We launched out of the launch chamber and headed into the battle. Not even 15 seconds in, and we started receiving heavy flak. 

"This 212 squad come in, over," I said over the radio. I got all responses.

"Maintain V shaped formation and target the bridge, over," I said over the radio.

     I noticed a few missiles targeting me. I turned the catching machine on and told it to target passing targets. I watched in amazement as how many enemy ships I took down. I started counting. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,... I ended at 70.  I then looked at the squad indicator. We went from 250, to 175. We made it to the enemy landing pads and began breaking in, which took 50 lives. 125 left. I noticed that the launch bay was empty. I had a guy named Elastic scout ahead. in about 3 seconds, a weird slimy, green had with gnarly claws grappled on to Elastic, resulting him shouting in pain, and carried him up the vents. We heard screaming down the vents. We began shooting and a big hole fell through. We found parts of elastic's body, and the alien's body. It was 7-8 feet tall, covered in green slime, had gnarly claws and teeth, and the head has a muzzle, like a dog. We went running up and saw about 15 aliens and started a little firefight. I shot an alien in the eye and it yelped in pain and fell with a thud. I got 3 more before an alien grappled onto my arm. It hurt like 4 needles going into your arm. I didn't know what to do.