six

(this was roughly proofread. i'll probably go back to fix things here and there later:)

KTH || 7:04 p.m. || apt. 95

if it hadn't been for hoseok's constant speaking and seokjin's jokes, dinner would have been too awkward for taehyung to bear.

the conversation between the other boys only made it bearable; only enough for taehyung to be able to sit down and drink his water and not run out the door.

he could nearly feel the bruise on his face darken, and become more and more prominent as the night went on. that wasn't the case though, of course. it was just how he felt; insecure and self conscious and oh my god, there's another fucking bruise on my face and jungkook. is. here.

taehyung's eyes darted back and forth from person to person at the table, the dark orbs dancing within his sockets, distracted and lost without a place to land. he eventually settled for staring down at the table.

"tae, you should eat," jimin whispered, nudging him in the rib gently.

despite how gentle the motion was, taehyung couldn't contain his flinch, nor could he contain the small yelp that escaped his lips.

"you alright?"

seokjin looked concerned. and taehyung hated it.

"i'm fine," he said. "it's all good."

but is it really?

jimin bit his lip and waited for conversation at the table to start up again before whispering to taehyung again.

"sorry," he said. "but really, you haven't touched the food on your plate, tae. would it hurt to eat a little?"

and taehyung knew jimin was right. but he really didn't have an appetite, probably from the nervous aroma engulfing him by the second and the constant somersaults his stomach was doing every time he made eye contact with jungkook.

taehyung tentatively took a bite from his food, setting down the spoon just as quickly as he had picked it up.

jungkook kept looking his way.

why the hell did jungkook keep looking at him?

taehyung took a sip of water, nearly choking when he made eye contact again.

and jungkook's pink lips curved into a soft, timid smile, as if he somehow could see through taehyung and knew exactly how taehyung was feeling.

"wait, so you said you guys know each other right?" yoongi said. "we went to high school together, so that's that. but since when did you all know each other?"

"a funny story?" jimin added, recalling the comment hoseok had left before about how it was a funny story.

"maybe not exactly funny," jungkook said. "hoseok just calls everything funny."

"he speaks the truth," namjoon smirked.

"are you indirectly calling me a psychopath?"

"can you just get on with the damn story?" yoongi's tone was joking and playful as he laughed.

"alright, so me and kook work the graveyard shift at this convenience store-"

"it's hellish. i die everyday."

"-and, it's not that cool of a story, honestly, but then taehyung walked in and just kind of died on the floor-"