CHAPTER 44- RADIO RED FM

It's been only half a day, Mehran and Umaira were separated. And both missed each other terribly. The way to console themselves was the thought that they would meet again at the reception.

Next day at work Mehran couldn't concentrate. All he thought was Umaira. After the kiss, they hadn't spoken to each other, he wanted to talk to her. Ask her what she has planned next. Because, he knows what his plans are. After realizing he still loves her and she loves him too, his next plan is to be with her. He also realizes he is being selfish, but thinking about Siham then it is better to not be with her than be with her in a forced loveless relationship. Making her miserable as well.

Unlike Mehran, Umaira is in huge dilemma. Realizing they still love each other Umaira wants to be with him. Also, she doesn't want to live with the burden of cheating on Ibrahim. Ibrahim had come in her life when she was lost, alone and needed someone. He stood by her always like a pillar. He was her emotional support and motivation. Whenever she thought of moving back with Mehran the guilt of hurting Ibrahim makes her take her step back.

Every time Ibrahim called and spoke to her lovingly she felt guiltier. She curses herself for being selfish and wanting to be with Mehran when Ibrahim was there for her when even Mehran wasn't with her.

But why wasn't Mehran with her? because of her own stupidity...Umaira didn't know what to do? She was terribly confused and felt miserable.

********************

That evening Mehran was getting bored. He had brought some files home and was soon done with it. He sat on his bed, took out a business magazine and switched on the radio. Request your song, show played on the FM.

Umaira had spent half day shopping and by the time she came home she was exhausted. She sat at the edge of the bed, removing her heels she massaged her feet. After changing into her casuals, loose Tee and polka dotted pyjamas she sat on her bed. She opened the top drawer and took out a red nail paint and nail filler. She switched on the radio, deciding to listen to some good songs as she does her nails. Request your song, show played.

'Hello, Red FM?'

'Yes?'

'Yeah, this is Mehran. I want to dedicate a song.'

'Any message?'

'Yes!'

Umaira giggled as she fills her nails, the messages made by the viewers sounded very cheesy to her. The songs were good but the messages made for a good laugh. Tu hi hai Aashiqui...ended and the radio jockey spoke, 'Hello again Delhi. Hope you are having a good time (Umaira giggled nodding her head) and now the last song of the night (Umaira is slightly disappointed) this one is from Mr. Mehran for his love Ms. Umaira.'

Umaira froze hearing her and Mehran's name.

'Is he mad?' she gasped. By taking their names in local radio station he is publicizing everything. What if someone heard? What if they come to know it is them? Umaira knew it is Mehran Ali Ahmad, and if she had an incy bit doubt that he wasn't, her doubt got cleared when the radio jockey announced the name of the song, 'Dil Ibadat, Ms. Umaira's personal favourite it seems.' Umaira smiled. He remembers this song is her all-time favourite, he still remembers.

Umaira was super annoyed, firstly she is having PMS then she had a fight with her mother over a petty thing and then today was the day Mehran decided to call and be all mushy romantic with her. She had snapped at him as well. After fighting with everyone she went to a park nearby and sat on a bench. She is furious, small things irritated her. As she sat she heard someone sing from behind her....

Dil Ibadat Kar raha hai...

Dhakane meri Sun...

Tujhe karloon hasil lagi hai yehi dhun... Umaira placed her fingers in her ears, such terrible voice. She turned to her side and found Mehran on his knees and his arms spread wide, he is singing her favourite song in his broken voice.

Umaira's mood instantly lit up. She chuckled. He smiled and stood up. She ran to him and hugged him, literally jumping on him. With the force, he stumbled few step back.

'You knew my mood was off and knew how to make me feel better.' She smiled looking at him. He nodded with a bright smile 'Of course, I can never forget anything about you.'

Umaira smiled recollecting the old memories. 'Now, before we play the song it's time for the special message for Ms. Umaira. Mr. Mehran, you can speak now, you are on air.'

Umaira's heart beat stopped for a moment as she heard this, Will Mehran speak now? she will hear his voice? Umaira held her breath.

'Hello! Umaira?' Umaira felt her heart skip a beat hearing his voice. For some reason his deep baritone sounded even more manly and seductive from the radio.

'Umaira, I don't know if you are listening but I need to tell you this. I really, really love you. You were and are special to me and you will be special to me forever...I just want to say Dil Ibadat kar raha hai', Umaira smiled though her tears as Mehran sang in his broken voice, the RJ chuckled but Mehran continued, 'Dhakane meri Sun, Tujhe karloon Hasil lage hai yehi dun...Bas, I know only this much.' Mehran chuckled and Umaira smiled too.

'Okay, Mr. Mehran that was very romantic. I am sure along with Umaira, many other girls would have become your fan. Especially, with that voice of yours.' RJ said and then both the men laughed.

Umaira wiped a tear with back of index finger and smiled. She felt emotional and very touched by his gesture. Soon, her smile widened when the song began to play on the radio. She relaxed closing her eyes. She imagined Mehran himself sing the song to her but in KK's voice.

That night, Umaira felt the happiest. She kept twirling around humming the song, blushing, and smiling. She never felt this alive and happy in these years. She slept peacefully.

Mehran felt lighter as he slept that night. For some reason, he knew Umaira heard him and his special message- he just knew it