Invulnerable {8}

He set Sage down in the back of his 2002 red, two door mustang and I toppled down in the front seat. He didn't drink last night so I trusted him. He started the car and pulled out of the driveway. I slurred directions to our home.

"STOP!" I yelled at Chris.

"What? What happened? Whats going on?" he was freaking out looking around with big eyes.

"Turn into that CVS." I said pointing to the same CVS that Sage took me to the first day we were back together. Chris did what I said and I jumped out the door. I walked into CVS and realized I had no money. I dug around in my pockets and just so happened to find a twenty Sage must have left in her pocket. Ill have to thank her for that later. I continued in and purchased two items and walked out. I got in the car and Chris looked at me like I was crazy, but then got over it and drove. We reached home and Chris carried Sage up to her room and set her in the bed. We tiptoed back downstairs since Tania was still sleeping too.

"Hey, thanks for helping me - us." I said.

"No problem. I understand." He said with a chuckle. I looked him in the eyes. His eyes were a light brown, not quite a hazel though. They sparkled without light.

"uh, yeah." I stammered coming out my trance. "im just gonna go up and take a shower, so talk to you later."

"Yeah, uh, see you later." He walked out the door, waving. I walked upstairs with my items from CVS and went into the bathroom. I pulled out a package of Plan B and a pregnancy test. I did what I had done 4 months ago with the test. I waited 10 minutes and looked at the stick. Positive. Again. This is going to be exciting for the kids at school!

I walked into Tania's room and tapped on her shoulder. She rolled over.

"Hey, your back home." She said drowsy.

"Heh, yeah. About that.." I said holding up the test.  

Tania sat up in bed and took the test from my hand. She gave a big sigh and looked from it to me.

"Nathalie.."

"I know, I got some of this. I heard its supposed to stop it but I really don't know." I said holding up the plan b.

"Well, I don't know either but since your so young lets not take this." She said pushing down the package to the bed. "now about this missy." She said in a slight stern tone. " I know things happen but when you go out I trust you not to let things like this happen.."

"but-!" I tried to cut in.

"And I know I let your other incident go but that was because you had no real control over that." She continued, ignoring my outburst. "but this, I guess we have to let nature take its course. We will talk later." Tania lay back down and fell to sleep. I walked back into the bathroom, cleaned up the wrappers and got in the shower. Afterwards, I got dressed and went back down stairs to get something to eat since I hadn't eaten since those jiggly things. At the table was Tania.

" hey," she said picking up her empty plate and putting it into the sink.

"hey," I said, getting out the supplies needed for a bowl of cereal.

"about what happened.." Tania started. She sat with me at the table. She looked at me for a moment. "I just want to say that its okay and ill help you with whatever you need, but the way you take this is up to you."

I thought for a minute. " What do you mean by that?" I had an idea but I just wanted to hear her voice filling the empty house instead of mine.

"What I mean is whether you want to keep it or not. You could keep it and raise it yourself, or you could arrange an adoption and have the baby and have someone adopt it. You could also have an abortion, but I not going to suggest that." She looked at me with curious eyes, them searching each feature of my face. " But before you can even decide if you can keep it, you need to talk to the father. Do you know who he is?" I nodded, mouth full of the left over milk in the bowl. "I suggest you call him or talk to him at school Monday about this. You can invite him over if you need to talk and so that you, him and I can talk about the future of you and this baby."

I got up and put my bowl in the sink with her plate.

" Hes not a bad guy. Hes that boy that helped me to the car after I got beat." I used the last part lightly.

"You know this is going to cause tension, right? Between your relationship that is. I could never have kids because I wasn't fertile so me and Mike wouldn't have to worry about this but.."

"Sage is adopted?" I asked. I never knew that. Sage and Tania always looked so similar.

"She was adopted right before Mike went into war. We adopted her at a very young age so she probably doesn't have a really good memory of her real parents. They were young, like you. They also got pregnant but decided that them outing her up for adoption was the best idea because they knew that they didn't have the money and that they both wanted to follow their dreams."

"Oh. Where are they now? Does Sage know?"

"Sage does know. I told her when she was a bout 12 or 13. Them, they died about a year after we got Sage in a car accident. He was showing off for a group of her friends and they went around a curve too fast and veered onto the other lane. An 18-wheeler hit them head on. Died instantly."

"I'm so sorry."

"I guess its just life. Anyway, what im trying to say is that be careful. The decisions you make now affects your whole life. So think before you do things." Tania got up and went upstairs. I sat on the couch and thought about whats to happen to me and this new one. Do I really want to keep this baby? What will the kids at school think of me? Will Chris still like me? Will he like me more? Will he think of this all as my fault because I kissed him first? Will he want to keep it? If he does will he be a good father? Will he be supportive and be there for me through the pregnancy and afterwards? Once the baby is born will he disown it? What's Sage going to think? All these questions went through my head and I really wondered what's to become of us.