The Sister and The Beast

Not Edited:

     He caught up to me, and we walked silently, not bickering for the first time since we met. But of course, peaceful is just not my style. Every time I would make a turn, it would be wrong, and I could tell it was getting on his nerves. After the 5th wrong turn he just grabbed my hand and pulled me to his house. He dragged me up the porch and went straight in.

     "The door wasn't locked, that's not very safe, especially with a 5-year-old-girl in th-" I was cut off mid-sentence by a bottle smashing. I just looked at him confused, and he turned pale.

     "Stay right here, don't move." Then he ran into the family room, well, I think it was the family room.

     "Where were you slut? You're a worthless fag, no one wants you! Hell, your mother didn't even want you, I don't want you, and your sister probably hates you to. Your mother killed herself because she didn't want you, she was done with your shit, you took her mother away from your sister!" I heard a bottle shatter and that's when I walked in, and what I saw scared me.

     Jackass was cowering away from this beast that looked like a drunk hobo holding a broken beer bottle, probably his dad. Jackass looked really terrified, and that made me terrified. But then instinct kicked in, I snuck behind the beast and kicked his legs from under him, I landed a sucker punch straight to the bridge of his nose, and heard a satisfying crunch, then I kicked him in the gut and jabbed right where his jaw connect to his skull, that knocked him out. I looked up and my eyes met the jackass's, I should really get his name, his eyes had so many emotions, it was hard to keep track. I saw fear, shock, admiration, anger, and a bit of joy, then something caught my eye. Behind him was a little girl, she was tucked into a corner and she was staring at me. I walked up to her, guess there is a sister.

     I crouched down, so I was on her level, "Hey honey, I'm Dylan, but you can call me whatever you want." Listen, I'm not good with kids, and kids aren't good with me so was surprised when she launched herself at me, I caught her but I fell on my back. She started crying, what do I do?

     I sat up with her and went to the sofa. I rubbed her back, "Shh, it's ok baby girl, it's alright, I've got you, you're alright, no one's gonna hurt you, I won't let them." For some reason, I liked this girl, and she seemed to like me too. Her crying came to a stop after a while. She moved her head from my shoulder so she could look at me. "Thank you." Then she put her head back on my shoulder and fell asleep, just like that.

      "I'll take her to her room." Wow, ok, he scared me. I looked up and he looked really bad. He had glass shards on the left side if his face and was bleeding real bad.

      "How about you lead the way?" He just nodded and lead me to her room. It was dark so I didn't really know here her bed was he grabbed the hand that wasn't supporting his sister and led me to the bed, I put the little girl down gently, and we quietly left the room. He led me to a room a little down the hallway and pulled me in, he turned the light on and closed the door, then he turned to face me. I had made myself comfortable on his bed. I didn't look around the room, I just stared at him, then he went to speak, but I cut him off, "Where's your first-aid kit?"

     He just stared at me, I raised an eyebrow, he's gonna let me clean him up, whether he likes it or not. He sighed and led me to his bathroom.

     He pulled the kit out and turned to me, "Get on the counter. Do you have any other injuries besides your face?" He just shook his head, his eyes anywhere but me, so he's lying. "Take your shirt off, you're lying." He gave me a shocked look. "Are you going to take it off or do I have to do it for you?" He took it off, I knew he had abs, and I saw a huge blue bruise on his abdomen.

     I took the tweezers out and took the glass out of his face then I wiped down all of the blood and put band-aids on his face. I didn't really know what to do about the bruise, I just ice all of mine. I looked through the kit and found some soothing cream. I put a glob his abdomen and he jumped, must've been cold, he glared at me, I ignored it and rubbed the cream in. When I was done I put the kit where he got from and left the bathroom, he followed after me. I walked into his closet and grabbed a random shirt and threw it at him. He pulled it on and just stared at me. Here comes the talk.....