i| Brisk Walking and Hurried Talking {revised}

I briskly walk along the stores lining the sidewalk and sigh in relief when I see a familiar alley. I duck my head and walk into it. As I lean against the wall, out of breath I open my bag and smile when my eyes find five wallets, two rings, three watches and six bracelets. I open a plastic bag and throw all the jewelry into it and then open up the wallets, I grab all the cash and count one hundred and sixty seven dollars... not bad. 

I throw everything back into my bag and then walk towards the ATM. I open up my phone on the way there to confirm the camera is still broken from whenever a random guy broke into it and smile when I see it is. I slip on my gloves and stop in front of the street ATM. I swipe all the cards and only take some of the money out, enough for me, but not enough to alert the credit card agencies. I turn around and start my trek to the river

-

As I arrive to my destination I sit on a random rock and throw the cards into the gushing water one by one. After I look through the wallets one more time I hand them over to the fish and current. I sling my bag from my shoulder to my lap and check over the jewelry and then pass by the trees on my way to the pawn shop, and I don't notice the eyes on me.

-

I smile at the man as I open the door after selling the jewelry and start to head towards the subway entrance which is right next to the shop. I jog down the steps and instead of paying to get through I use my key to open the janitors closet. I move the mops and other cleaning supplies out of my way and smirk when I feel the ring to pull the trap door up. I yank it open and am greeted by the sight of an old rickety ladder accompanied with yelling, cheering and the smell of smoke.  

I roll my eyes as I pass the fight going on and jog towards the stairs. I tread up them and knock on the office door and then walk in. 

"What did you score today kid?"

Roger asks impatiently. I decide to ignore the use of the last word and respond by throwing the bag of money on the table.

"I got a little cash but a lot of jewelry. We agreed that I get all cash income, so I split the pawn money and kept half for myself."

Roger nods while opening the bag and counting the money while absently talking to me.

"I'll give the other gangs and mafia their share. Bye kid."

I grumble as I exit the room. He starts laughing and I roll my eyes before slamming the door shut.

-

After an hour or so of random walking I finally settle in the park. I sigh when I start to sketch and just let all the tension leave my body. 

Time passes but I don't really notice how much but I do notice how dark it's getting

Time passes but I don't really notice how much but I do notice how dark it's getting. I gather my things and start towards my apartment. I pass random people who are hurrying to get somewhere theirselves and I still don't notice the way someone is watching me.

-

I smile once I finish blow drying my hair after my much needed shower. I throw on some Nike yoga pants along with a big Georgetown sweatshirt. I frown though when my phone starts to ring. I pick it up and accept the call.

"Who is thi-"

"Listen up, I have men surrounding your building and climbing the stairs to get to your apartment now. If you do not come out willingly we will take hostages. Choose wisely."

My breath catches in my throat at the same time the man ends the call. I quickly open my door and hear footsteps approaching. I groan and slam my door shut. I lock it and slide the bolts into place on my many, many locks. 

I frantically search my apartment consisting of two rooms and a wall with a kitchen on it. I grab my bag and stuff my laptop, phone, my small travel/necessities bag, chargers, and my favorite book. I quickly put my bag on my back and secure the straps and then I look out of the only window I have. 

-

I let out a small noise as I lower my body onto the old and rusting fire escape. I tentatively put my body weight onto it and sigh when it only groans.

As I am treading down the stairs I hear my door burst open. I start to run.

"Stop or we shoot!"

I almost loose my footing but then laugh in fake confidence and, not even knowing what I'm saying, shout back.

"Let the bird soar."

I flip my middle finger up behind me and almost cry in relief when I reach the subway entrance and quickly leave the dirty streets behind me. 

-

I run to a train about to leave and just as the doors close I slide right in. I sigh and sit down tiredly.

"Well that was quite the entrance."

I groan and look up to see myself surrounded by a gang that may or may not like me that much. 

"Hey guys..." I look out the window and see that the train is approaching the stop where the park is. They start to come towards me and then the train suddenly stops and they all have to regain their footing. I sprint out of the car as soon as the doors open and don't stop until I get to the park. I jog towards the back of it and quickly go to a small garden next to a wall/divider. I make my way through the plants and tie them back in place behind me. I soon see my tent covered in dirt and plants and hastily unzip before stepping inside and zipping it back up. I drop my bag on the floor and fall onto the pile of pillows and blankets. This place was my home before I got the apartment. I smile as I cuddle into a pillow and wrap a blanket around myself. I open up my laptop.

I search random sites and soon succumb to the darkness

-

I wake up when red lights peek through my tent and I groan as I rub my eyes but I then panic when I hear voices. 

"Come out little girl... I don't want to have to climb into your tent..." 

I freeze when I hear the same voice that was on the phone. I quietly gather all of my belongings that I need and pack them into my bag. I grab a remote and look at my little screen with the footage from the security cameras. I tap the remote and my remote sniper rifle opens up and looks for heat signatures. I program a shot to someones leg and press the ok button which is basically the trigger.

I hear a shout and that's when I slide open a little part of the wall and climb inside. I may have had some input when designing this part of the wall. I make my way down the wall until I open in it and climb out a little hole in the other side of the wall and hear the men making their way into my tent. 

I start to walk backwards and almost scream when I bump into a chest.

"Hello Darling."