Ambiguous Love: (2)

The next day:

Walking to the trainstation didn't seem so hard. Besides, I managed to clean my only pair of sneakers. It sucked that It was my first day of school. The worst part is I have to take a few buses, trains, and walk a long distance to transition into this new school year.

My mornings are going to be tedious. At least if I had a cd player or one of those ipod thingy's. But, Unfortunately I don't. I can't afford it with my job as a waitress and my mom can't afford it with her job as a maid. Even if she could've I wouldn't have wanted it. I rent my music from the library. It's probably classical or old music. We're fortunate to have a boombox that I bought at the flea market. This is why I only stick to painting. At least I have that. 

I waited patiently for the train and looked around at my surroundings. I wanted to see if I saw that man. I regret stopping it, but then again I'm relieved I did. I didn't know the man besides that he reads and like to come over here. But the kiss was just so crazy.  Words cannot describe the way it felt. I've kissed a few times but it was different from that one. Well, of course it was. He's a good kisser. 

Oh dear, why am I thinking about this?  

"Rosalia!" 

I turned to the direction of the voice. It was Ralph. My friend, who sadly, is a drug addict. I smiled giving him a hug. His once flawless face, is slowly deteriorating, with bruises and bumps, his once white teeth are turning brown. The wrinkles were slowly starting to form under his big brown eyes. Everytime I saw him I want to cry. I knew since I was four years old, it hurts me to see him like this. 

"Ralph. What're you doing here?" I asked.

"Going to school. I decided to go and turn my life around. You're looking good."

I chuckled. "Really! Yay! I'm happy for you. I wish I did. I see you're looking pretty good."

He smiled. "I guess I am. I quit a few weeks ago. Did it for my daughter. She wouldn't want her father to look like this."

My eyes became watery. "Oh gosh Rosey. Don't start crying now. You should pass by sometime. I need help with the math. I don't know anyone who's smarter than you."

He was the only person who could've make me cry and laugh in my lifetime.  He's like my brother. "Sure. I'll pass by sometimes. Yeah, I'm smart yet I'm going to a school for troublesome teenagers."

He laughed, "What? What did you do?" 

"I got mad so I was tagging the outside of the court than the police tried to detain me but I punched them. So the judge is sending me to this school."

He bursted into laughter. "Are you serious? Bad girl."

"Yes, I'm serious.  I need to lay off the-"

"Weed," said Ralph.

I nodded in agreement. "Yes. I do."

The train came and we both went aboard. We took a seat in the corner, secluded from other people. 

"So how's little Angela?" I asked Ralph. Angela is his daughter.

"She's fine. I want you to come to her first birthday. It's on Saturday." 

I nodded, "Course. I'll be there. I haven't seen her in a month. I miss that child."

The corner of his mouth slowly rised. I held his hand slightly squeezing it, reassuring that I'll be there. 

"You're a good friend. Well this is my stop. Have a nice first day. See you on Saturday," said Ralph, standing up and waited for the door to open. 

"Bye Ralph. Same goes to you."

He left. I was surprised that I saw him. The shockness came over. I see him because successful in the future. As for me, I think I'm not. I looked through the bag and found my box of cigarrettes. The next stop was my stop. I got up and sighed. I took out one ciggarrette and my lighter. As I walked out I lit it and began to take a few puffs. I usually didn't smoke but today, for some reason, I decided to. I guess because of yesterday and seeing Ralph.

My long black hair flew into my face as the train left. I groaned and put my hair behind my ear. I ran up the stairs and caught the next train.

I was glad I swiftly passed through all those people. Some even, intoxicating them with the scent of the cigarrette. I threw the cigarrette on the floor and stepped on it. Breathing slowly and steadily, I looked out the window. I could see the city, the sky scrapers. So...how should I call it... Urban.  

"Ten. Fifteen. Twenty. Twenty-five. Thirty," I muttered as I looked at the ads.

Mostly, if all, had anti-drugs. Activism against it was very popular. It was funny. So much anti-drugs, yet there's many teenagers struggling because of drugs. 

I studied all of them. The ads were either abstinence from sex or abstinence from drugs. I scoffed. It was awesome that they tried to bring the awareness of these two subjects, but it's difficult to try to get people to listen to them.

I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. Let's hope there's no problems at this school.