The Call (Prussia x Reader Oneshot)

(Hahahaha I apologize if this is bad lmao)

-Gilbert's P.O.V.-

It started out as a feeling which then grew into a hope,

Which then turned into a quiet thought, which then turned into a quiet word.

I sat in my study with only a lamp to illuminate the area where I worked. This new leader is driving Ludwig and me into the ground with this paper work. I sighed as I finished the paper I was working on and started a new one. This was so unawesome. My head shot up when I heard a small knock at the door. Finally, a distraction!

"Come in." I called. The door opened to reveal my awesome wife, _____. I smiled lightly and she returned the smile. She walked over to my desk and leaned against it. Her arms crossed.

"You've been in here all day. Do you think you could at least join me for dinner?" She asked, a small pout on her face. I smiled and leaned back in my chair.

"Of course! I've been waiting for you to call me down for dinner," I stood up and walked over to her, my hands making their way to her waist, "it's been so boring in here, doing all this work." I smirked at leaned down to kiss her, but, unfortunately, was interrupted by loud clacks of boots from a large group of soldiers walking in the streets, just outside the window. I muttered some...indecent words to myself in German and walked over to shut the window. I turned around to see ____, head low with a distant look on her face.

"_____?" I asked, waving my hand in her face. "Earth to _____."

"Huh?" She snapped out her trance. She looked at me in the eyes for a quick moment then stood up from the desk. "Sorry. We should get downstairs before our food gets cold. I also have something for you." I nodded.

"Ja, okay." I took her hand in mine and we headed downstairs.

I sat at the table and ____ set a plate of food in front of me. She put her plate where she sat and walked to the living room to get something. She came back with an envelope. 'For Gilbert Beilschmidt' It said in bold letter on the outside. It was from mein bruder and our new boss, who had a weird looking mustache in my opinion.

And then the word grew louder and louder,

'Til it was a battle cry.

    I stared at the letter. Mostly the word 'drafted'.

    "Gil..? Gil what does it say?" ____ asked, a hint of worry dripping off her words. I passed the letter to her not saying a word and putting my face in my hand. I can't believe I'm being drafted into this stupid war! I heard a small gasp come from _____.

    "You're being drafted?! You can't be! Gil-" I cut off _____ in mid sentence.

    "I know it's unfair and unawesome, I know. I'm sorry, but I have no choice!" I said, taking the letter from her hands and putting it to the side. I took her hands in mine.

    "This is...not fair.." She whispered. I sighed.

    "I know. I know." I tried to comfort her.

I'll come back..

When you call me.

No need to say

Goodbye.

    It was the day I had to leave. ____ cried in my arms. It felt terrible. I looked into her sad, red, puffy eyes.

    "Hey...hey look at me. Look at me, it's okay. It's okay." I smiled a sad smile. She smiled back. But, it was barely a smile. I kissed her softly and wiped away some of her tears. I felt like crying too honestly. Haha...how unawesome... She sniffed.