chapter three

Ryan had seemed down in the dumps lately.

Alana decided to text him, he probably needed it.

what's going on?

A second after she had turned on Netflix and grabbed a ton of chocolate, she heard a loud ding from across the house.

"Ughhhhh, Ryan!" she exclaimed to no one in particular, considering she was home alone. "Why now?!"

Yes, that probably wasn't the nicest thing to say out loud, but it wasn't like anyone could hear her!

Following the 'ding' to the phone charging area, she turned on her phone and opened the messages.
Ryan😎: I'm fine
I responded: no you're not what is going on with you
Ryan😎: really I don't need ur worry
I responded: ok :(

No way was I letting him off that easily!
I called him.
He answered. We had made a pact in second grade.

"Ryan! What is going on?"
"Nothing!"
"I know you better than that."
"Leave me alone please."

He hung up.
What was happening?

I pulled on some pajama pants and a large hoodie and snuggled back into my Netflix marathon. Tomorrow was my first date with Luke and I needed all the relaxation I could get. Butterflies, though, still fluttered in my stomach; and it wasn't because of the date. Ryan wasn't okay. I shut off Netflix.

I pulled on my Vans slip-ons, a band t-shirt, and ripped jeans. I put a bandana in my hair to make it look semi-acceptable, and walked over to his house.