Noт over [Dave Strider]

Maybe it's not over yet. The loud airport seemed to distract you from the conversation that was between you and your boyfriend, Dave. Or... Maybe you should better say your ex-boyfriend, Dave. How could a simple, hateful word have evolved into this huge argument? You had been quiet, scarily so, the whole morning, ever since you announced to Dave that you were leaving; you were going back home. You had longed for him to be surprised, to be angry... anything. You wanted him to stand up and protest. Instead, he blankly looked up from his cereal with a deliberate stoic expression, nodding quickly to show that he understood and returned to his cereal as tears filled your eyes. His face blurred behind your tears and your throat choked itself violently, reducing any attempt to breathe. Feeling a hot tear slip out of the corner of your eye, you turned, stomping off towards your room so you could throw yourself onto your bed and sob into the pillow Dave had given you last Easter.

The bright, Houston sun filtered through the large windows and reflected itself off Dave's sunglasses. You stared at his profile as he checked you in at the ticket counter. His pale skin, with freckles lightly dusted onto his cheeks and shoulders. They also clumped together at his hips and right below his right eye. How many times have you run your fingers over these spots; loving them though Dave himself didn't. The gentle slope of his nose and his shades that only you had the authority to remove. It struck you suddenly that you wouldn't ever see this boy again. Once you boarded the plane, and returned home; the only thing that would have touched his hands, his smooth, freckled hands which used to hold yours so tightly, was the furniture, which was supposed to arrive two weeks later.

"Okay, that's it, sir." The Brunette behind the counter smiled politely at you and Dave, "Have a safe flight."

Dave nodded, turning to you. "It's all set. Can you get to terminal 16C by yourself?"

You swallowed thickly. "No."

Sighing, Dave smiled a little. You don't think that he wanted to do this either. You didn't want this to ever had happened. Why couldn't you both have just worked this out?

"I can bring you to the security checkpoint right in front of the gate. All you'll have to do after is board the plane, okay?"

No. It's not okay. Yet you still followed Dave, walking about a step behind him. His hand hung at his side and you reached out to grab it, but his fingers slipped out of your reach. You stared at your hand, and then at his, which was rapidly moving farther away. Standing still, the airport seemed to pulsate with noise.

You couldn't see him anymore. Dave was gone. Eyes welling up with tears, you searched for Dave turning sharply each time you saw blonde hair. This wasn't right, you couldn't find him. Isn't this were the prince rescues the princess and soothes her worries? You buried your face into your hands and began to cry. The stress of everything was just too much. You didn't want this anymore. You don't want to miss him; you don't want to remember him. You wanted to see Dave every day, wake up early just to hear him mutter at you to come back to bed. This wasn't right. Nothing felt okay. Dave...

"(y/n)?"

Footsteps approach you, and you could feel Dave right in front of you. He sighed lightly, petting your hair gently. Lightly touching your wrists, he removes your hands from your face. He smiled, and you could see tears in his eyes as well.

"Let's go home, (y/n)."

You laughed; bursting into tears anew as you hugged Dave tightly, nodding vigorously.

"Take me home, Dave."