ѕleep eмpнaѕιѕ [Dave Strider]

You awake slowly and gently, with the sound of rustling clothes. Turning over to face your boyfriend, you snuggled deeper into the covers with a soft sigh. You could hear the blonde putting on his boxers, and starting to put on his pants, which were discarded carelessly across the room. Blinking open your eyes against the soft shine of the sun, you watched Dave stand and get his trousers, the sunlight filtering through the window and projecting a colorful array of beauty onto the freckles of your boyfriend's back.

"Dave," you whispered, "can't you stay a bit longer?"

Dave turns with a start, realizing that you're awake. He slowly shook his head.

"Morning has come, so I must leave." He whispers back, striding back across the room, his feet sinking into the carpet and making soft thumps. When he kisses you on the nose, you smile gently, looking up sleepily.

"No, love," you reply, "it can't be the morning sun already, it must be just the moon's late shine."

"Mmm, I'm afraid not." Dave mumbles quietly into your hair, brushing through it with his fingers. "Your parents will have both our heads for this."

Sighing, you looked up at Dave's collarbone. "I'd rather be headless with you than alive alone. While the morning sun has come, my sun must leave; how ironic."

A sly smirk flashes across Dave's face as he exclaims. "I would cut my head off on my own if you wished it so. I will stay, and let your parents come and find us; it doesn't matter if I'm not by you."

With that, he hops back into the bed, wrapping his arms around your waist, and resting his head against your shoulder. Dave's bright eyes watch your sleepy ones, and you smile softly as his lips brush the tender skin on your collarbone. He watches you shiver with delight, and caresses your bare stomach lightly. Your back was pressed against his torso, and you could feel how his muscles moved each time he breathed, his slow breath fanning out over your delicate shoulder. Sliding your smooth legs back to entangle with Dave's, you touched his hand lightly with one of yours. His fingers unravel and intertwine with yours sleepily.

"Dave?"

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

"Can we just stay like this?"

You heard a chuckle from deep within Dave's chest.

"Yeah."

"Dave?", you repeated.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

He presses his lips into your ear and says the one thing he's never said.

"Mm, I love you too."

And with those words, you're fast asleep, pressed against Dave's warm body. This was all you needed.