Paired: Chapter 7

Author's Note: PLEASE READ!!!!

This fan fiction of mine now has a copyright on it, so don't copy it!!

© copyright

all rights reserved

Sawyer's POV:

"I'm proud of you, Sawyer."

Louis walks me behind stage and after signing some autographs, the boys follow.

Harry slowly walks towards me and gets up in my face to the point where I can smell his cologne.

With his amazingly enchanting accent he says, "That was brilliant!" He quiets down a little and makes eye contact with me and says, "You were brilliant." My face reddens and I break our eye contact to stare at the ground. Sensing my shyness and slight discomfort, he takes a step back.

Niall walks up behind me and puts his strong arm around my waist. "You know," he says with his cute Irish accent, "for someone with stage fright, you sure did damn well out there."

I squirm a little when he says damn.

He looks at me concerned. "What's the matter, Sawyer?"

"I'm not too big a fan of cursing," I quietly admit.

"Oh!" He says apologetically. "I'm so sorry, Sawyer. It won't happen again. Forgive me. Sorry, sometimes I forget that not everyone is comfortable with that." I nod as to tell him it's okay. "Forgive me?" he pleads again.

I laugh. "Niall, it really isn't that big a deal."

Niall shakes his head, his face serious. "No, if you don't like it then I won't do it."

A snicker lingers onto my face. "It's not that you can't curse. In fact sometimes I curse as well; when I'm angry. But I'd prefer there be a reason behind the word."

He nods and while smiling, holding back a laugh. Harry, having heard the whole endeavor, pipes up, "Gentlemen," the rest of the boys look at him. "Rise your right hand." They do so and so does Harry. I can't help but laugh. "Repeat after Sawyer."

Niall laughs as well but stops once Harry gives him the evil eye. He was being 100% serious.

"I, state your name," I start while trying to keep a straight face.

The boys say, "I," and then they all say their names except Louis, who instead says, "I, state your name."

After him smiling at me and I at him, I continue. "Solemnly swear to never curse in the presence of Sawyer Trace unless I drop something on my foot or get extremely upset."

All of the boys parrot back my words and relax their hands back to their sides.

Niall's POV:

"I'm not too big a fan of cursing," she admits quietly.

I mentally slap myself on the face, how could I be so stupid. I'm going to have to try harder to keep my swears down and my compliments up if I ever want this girl to look at me as more than a creepy curser.

And yes I do like her, she's very stunning, anything I could possibly hope for, and I may have just ruined it. I quickly go to make things right, I hope its not too late. She probably hates me now.

"Oh!" I stammer apologetically. "I'm so sorry, Sawyer. It won't happen again. Forgive me. Sorry, sometimes I forget that not everyone is comfortable with that." She nods but it doesnt look like she's entirely fine with it. "Forgive me?" I ask again, almost pleadingly.

She laughs and I am left confused. "Niall, it really isn't that big a deal."

I shake my head vigorously, my face serious and apologetic. "No, if you don't like it then I won't do it."

A small smile crawls onto her face. "It's not that you can't curse. In fact sometimes I curse as well; when I'm angry. But I'd prefer there be a reason behind the word."

I nod and while smiling, hold back a laugh. Harry, having heard the whole endeavor, pipes up, "Gentlemen," the rest of the boys look at him. "Rise your right hand." We do so and so does Harry. "Repeat after Sawyer."

Sawyer laughs, and when she laughs, you wanna laugh to, and so I do. I stop immediately once Harry gives me the evil eye. He was being 100% serious.

"I, state your name," Sawyer says while obviously trying hard to keep a straight face, but failing miserablely.

The boys and I say, "I," and then our names. All except for Louis, who instead says, "I, state your name."

This makes me a little upset, but I think Sawyer and Lou have a moment before Sawyer continues the oath. "Solemnly swear to never curse in the presence of Sawyer Trace unless I drop something on my foot or get extremely upset."

We all say what she said and then place our hands at our sides.

I smile as I think of different things I could say to her to sound smart. She doesnt seem like the type of girl that would appreciate some kind of pick up line and since I already have one strike on my reputation from the curse, I'm not going to risk it.

"Niall!" Zayn says snapping his fingers in my face. I jump.

"What!"

"What were you thinking about?"

"Ummm," I stutter, "nothing."

Author's Note:

I have no author's note.