One

"Mom! Mom! Wake up! Please wake up!" I said. "SOMEBODY HELP!" I screamed.
The audience just gasped and dialled 111 as my mum laid on the road, unconscious. My tears streamed down my cheek, and landed on her rough cheekbones, cleaning her pale face. Her blonde hair wondered on the ground, all messed and mattered. The shopping bags full of clothes, wrecked and strewn all over the road. Blood watered up in her mouth. I got two of my shaking fingers and put it against her neck. It was stone cold, no movement. She wasn't breathing. My vision went blurry, but all I remember is a man, pulling me into a hug, saying "everything is going to be okay", and an ambulance rush my mother away on a stretcher, not letting me say goodbye.

I started crying and screaming. "WHO DID THIS? WHO RUN OVER MY MUM?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Although I was 26, she was my everything. My soother, my role model, my loving mother. People just started crowding me, trying to check if I was okay. The man who was holding me, had an arm of ink, which looked like a tree, and yellow hair, glistening dark brown eyes that were full of worry and sorrow, kept on hugging me. I hugged back, crying into his shirt. He rubbed my back, calming me down, and putting his head onto mine. We were hugging on the road, next to the blood stain that was my mum's.

He released me of his soothing embrace, and stared into my bloodshot (e/c) eyes.
"What is your name?" He asked, my eyes still stinging from the sorrow.
"(y/n)." I stammered. His eyes were still full with sorrow, his facial expression serious and depressed. His eyebrows curved and he said,
"She was your mum." This made me burst crying again as he pulled me into his embrace once more. He rubbed the back of my head, as I felt something soft land on my (h/c) hair. He must have put his head on mine again.
"What's your name?" I stammered.
"Josh. My name is Josh." He mumbled.
"Yeah. She was my mum." I whispered. My vision was still not very clear, but what looked like Josh's friend came up to me with two cups of Starbucks, and knelt down next to me, handing me his cup.
"What happened?" He said, his facial expression surprised and sorrowful.

"Her mum just got run over and she is getting sent to the Columbus Hospital." Josh said for me. I sipped from the cup that his friend gave me. A vanilla-shot latte.
"Sorry. My favourite is a vanilla latte. You can have it." He said. "My name is Tyler."
"Nice to meet you. I'm (y/n)." I replied through sobs, even though it wasn't really nice to meet Tyler when I'm petrified of my surroundings.
"(y/n). That's a nice name." Tyler said, rubbing his hand on my shivering shoulder.
"Hey I know a band that has band mates called Josh and Tyler! Isn't it-"
"Twenty One Pilots. Yeah... hello." Tyler finished.
"Oh my gosh! Josh Dun is hugging me, shoot! I look terrible! I'm so sorry!" I quickly sat up, fixing my shirt up.
"Don't bother. You only noticed now." Josh said as we all stood up. I was wearing a white shirt, and ice blue denim jeans, partially ripped. I had a rose gold necklace on, with a rose gold chain bracelet to match. My earrings were little diamond studs, sparkling when the sun hit them.

"You look nice." Josh said as we walked toward the car park. He was wearing a NASA shirt that was tear stained, and black skinny jeans partially ripped, along with white converse. His yellow hair was a mess, and his arms were shaking, even his arm with a tree inked on it. Tyler was wearing a navy blue button down shirt, that was a short sleeve because it is summer, and black jeans with black Nike trainers. His arms had tattoos on them, like 3 black thin lines circling his wrist, and a black thick line circling his upper elbow with a black thin line underneath. His other arm had a bunch of shapes in his inner arm, and a code-like thing on his wristline. I know he has an hourglass on his chest, but that didn't show.

"You look nice too. Sorry for wrecking your shirt." I said guiltily, my eyes starting to sting.
"It's fine. Just a wash and dry then it will be fine." He said cheerfully, but there was a tint of sadness in his tone. We looked up at each other, not saying anything, for our eyes said it all. I rested my head on Josh's shoulder as we got into the car.
"Jenna is picking me up dude. Here are the keys." Tyler said chucking Josh the keys before we shut the doors.
"Do you want Taco Bell?" He said, but my stomach was doing backflips and I felt like vomiting. But this is Josh Dun we are talking about! I had to say yes.
"Boi you read my mind!" I laughed sadly. I will never get over this.
"You still sipping Tyler's latte?" He laughed playfully as he started the car.
"I'm a slow drinker!" I laughed back.
"We can go see your mum tomorrow." He offered with his voice cracking slightly.
"I don't exactly have a car yet... I usually take my mums but today we took the bus."
"Right. I can take you. I would like to see her too." He explained.
"What do you mean?" I asked curiously. What does he mean?
"I have met your mum. We are acquaintances, and I would love to talk to her again."
This made me gape. My mum and Josh friends?
"She actually told me about you and how she had a daughter. All those details are correct about you." He said handing me a jacket that looked way too big for me but I took it anyway. It was a plain black pull over with a hood, and looked real comfortable.
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"For helping me through this."
"It's fine. The minute I heard you scream, I ran out of Starbucks and found you next to your mum. My friend. And I felt sick the minute I placed eyes on the scene. She will be okay."

"Not everyone gets to survive a run over." I stammered.
"She will. I swear. She will." Josh said rubbing his hand on my knee. It was warm, and soothing. I put my hand on top of his, and saw him smile as we drove to Taco Bell.

~

A/N: the first chapter to Harpoon! I hope you guys enjoyed, please make sure to vote and comment what you think!

Jules
:)