Twenty-Eight (Your First Journal Entry)

- time skip -

Josh and I have had the best year ever. 2017 will definitely be one of the best years of my life. We concluded the Emotional Roadshow tour with performing in Australia, and that was a night I would never regret. Through thick and thin, mild and spicy, blood, sweat and tears, we made it through this year. I am writing this down in my new journal I bought, which will have Polaroids too, for future use. This journal will be the one to keep me up to date and to trap memories forever.

The highlights of the year

Me and Kate met up in Singapore. We had a mini holiday together, took photos, and now she's dating Brad Heaton, my colleague. I think they're cute together, no lies there.

Me and Josh are announced official back in January. We've been official for the rest of the year. We met the year before, 30 March 2016. I remember.

Josh finally agreed to adopt an ESA dog. It was a golden retriever called Jim. After his nickname, which I find cute. Because now whenever I say Spooky Jim they both look up from what they're doing. He's 10 months old now. And still as cute as the day we got him.

Josh and Debby stated to talk again. I met her one day, and she accepted that me and him were dating, and she was just going to be friends unlike their past relationship, and nothing more. Which I was happy about. And still am. Me and Debby are quite good friends now.

The boys accepted a GRAMMY award. And I couldn't have been more proud. They told the story of how hey watched the GRAMMYs in their underwear, heck, they even accepted the award in their underwear! And no, I did not agree to them doing it, neither did Jenna. She was mortified.

I got to travel around the world, meet new people, and got famous for my photography on my social media. People used my pictures as inspiration, even my concert shots. Imagine Dragons, Panic! At The Disco and Fall Out Boy even asked if I could go and do photography for a couple nights, which I accepted of course.

Josh and I bought a house in LA and we are living together. We agreed that if I cook and he cleans and vice versa I could live with him. That was fine with me. I hardly cook, but I always go down the road to get cans of red bull for Tyler whenever he comes over.

Brendon got married, to Sarah and I couldn't have been more happy for them. Josh whispered in my ear that one day it would be me and him, but that's just a possibility.

I got to meet the cast of Star Wars, Pretty Little Liars, Stranger Things, Riverdale, Game Of Thrones and more. They were all so nice and supportive of what I do and what my boyfriend does for a living

My dad and I found each other in December. He wasn't in a orange jumpsuit this time. But in a black crew neck and jeans. I see my drawings on his arms, from when I was one to when I was four. I gave him a sketch of a poppy flower I did and he got it tattooed on his forearm the day after. We are talking more frequently and we facetime every now and then. Josh doesn't particularly like him but I don't blame him. He can be a dick. I finally got to say I love you to him. It was one of the best nights of my life.

2018 was an even better year. Lots happened, Josh and Tyler turned 30 and I turned 27. Jim turned 1 and Jenna... I don't remember. Me and Jenna are still great friends, me and Josh are still in a relationship, we went on a mini tour around New Zealand and that was cool. I got to find out more about my culture and how everything was and worked. Even learned a pepeha.

I met my family on my Dad's side and they couldn't have been nicer. Josh learned how to do a haka and he got a Maori word tattooed on his arm- Aroha. I got a tiny J tattooed behind my ear, it's not big but you can notice it. Goes to prove how much love can take.

Today is the 13th of April. A year after my mother died.

I have succeeded surviving the grief, the sorrow and the pain. No matter what, I always heald her heart close to me. I got a heart wave of her laughing tattooed on my wrist. Where my pulse is. I look at it everyday and think of her. I miss her. But I know she would be proud of me and who and what I've become.

"Mum, I love you. And I hope that you'll be able to read this someday. I miss you so so much, and I am just so thankful that you are there in my heart, filling up the hollow space where your physical form once laid. I know you are there and I know you can hear me. Please, give me a sign that you've listened to what I've been saying." I say to her headstone, Josh standing behind me. The wind whistled, and I waited a little bit before I stood up and walked back to the car.

I drove there the next day and saw a daffodil, healthy as can be, growing in front of her headstone. She was listening.

-