Fourteen

The men placed the wood coffin onto the stand, and I stood behind it, along with Willow and Ben.
"Ready?" Ben asks.
"Ready." Me and Willow answer as we get one edge of the coffin lid and lift it, revealing mom. I see Willow get her handkerchief from her purse as we see no more scars, no more stitches, and no clothes except for her underwear.
"Can you guys wait outside and welcome the guests as we dress her?" Willow asks. Josh & Grandpa nod and walk outside as we lift mom and dress her, little by little. Willow was mostly crying, and I was feeling tears drip down my eyelashes. I brushed her hair with her favourite hairbrush that she would use for performances for dance, as i felt the knots in her hair untangle with each stroke I took. I see her lie down on the top of the beautifully made coffin as we did her makeup and hair, and finished with her clothes.

Her dress was stunning on her, and her makeup and hair matched perfectly. We place her back into the box, and I cry as we placed the lid back where it was.
"I have three bouquets of flowers. One for each of us." Ben says handing me a bouquet of red & white roses. The smelled and looked beautiful. This is the first time I've ever seen Ben cry. He got me and Willow into a hug and said:
"It's going to be okay."
I knew it was going to be okay. But Ben is going to start heavily drinking again, and Willow is going to try to commit suicide as well, and I'll have to be the one to pull it together.
"Where is she going to be buried?" Willow asks through sobs.
"Next to Everleigh. You all remember her don't you?" Ben asks. The memories came flooding back.

"Your sister had an advanced x ray... and the results came through." Doctor Williams said.
"What's the news? Is Everleigh going to be okay?" Willow yells.
"I'm so so sorry. We saw a cancer in her brain and the surgery cannot take place until she's 15. She won't survive until then." The doctor says. I see Willow lash out at the doctor, and my vision just went blurry. My youngest sister, Everleigh, with cancer? Tears start swelling up, and I stand and just walk out, as I hear Willow's screaming on the other side of the door.

"(y/n), you do know that I'm going to die don't you?" I see Everleigh's weak mouth ask. I nod sadly, as her heartbeat slowed by the second.
"Promise me that you are going to have the best life, please?" She asks. I nod and stand.
"Please don't go!" She said. I look down at her and close my eyes to let the tears stream down my cheeks.
"Stay and hold my hand." She says holding it out. I hesitate.
"Please, help me!" She said louder as her heart stopped beating. The long beep made my ears ring as I ran out of the ward.

"I didn't take her hand." I sobbed.
"What do you mean?" Willow says.
"The day she died, I was with her. She told me to take her hand and I didn't. She died when I was in the room." I explain. Ben looked furious.
"How could you?" Ben says.
"I couldn't. I couldn't crack her fragile body." I say, and Ben nods.
"We should go welcome the people." Ben says. I nod and walk out, seeing three cars park and people coming out of them. I see three women dressed in a midnight black, and three men in charcoal black suits.
"Hey (y/n)!" Josh says behind me.
"Hi." I say sadly. He opens his arms out for me to walk into and I do so as I start to cry harder.