0.01

Sophomore year was going to be the turning point for Rosemary Welling. At least that's what she continuously kept telling herself as she sat on the end of Betty Coppers bed, picking at the teal nail polish that had started chipping a couple days ago, but the teen refused to repaint them due to pure laziness. She looked up from her nails once the other teen, Kevin Keller spoke up from where he was laying on the same bed.

"Are you excited? Nervous?"

Betty turned around from her vanity, with rosy pink cheeks and a beaming smile. Rosemary grinned at the girl knowingly, she has had a crush on Archie forever, now she was going to see him for the first time all summer, of course she was nervous, Rosemary could practically feel the anxiety pouring from the blonde.

"Both. I haven't seen him all summer."

"Which is why nerves are acceptable, but we agreed, Betty It's time. You like him, he likes you."

"Well, then why, Kevin, hasn't he ever said or done anything?"

Rosemary snickered from her place on the bed, plopping down to lay on her back, from her sitting position.

"Because like all guys at our school, they're too scared to show feelings. They're afraid it'll bruise their masculinity."

She spoke using her fingers to put air quotes over masculinity. Kevin dramatically pointed towards her, looking at Betty with wide, overly excited eyes.

"Exactly, like most millennial straight guys, he needs to be told what he wants. So, tell him."

Rosemary sat up quickly, nodding at the blonde.Betty blushed deeply, pursing her lips looking between the two ecstatic best friends.

"Well, we'll see. I mean, it depends."

Rosemary dramatically groaned, standing up from the bed and walking over to Bettys' windowsill, sitting down and pulling her phone out of her back pocket, scrolling through instagram. She liked an occasional photo of her classmates out enjoying the last days of summer until she stopped on a particular picture, her eyes growing wide. It was Reggie Mantle, shirtless at the gym, one of his friends behind him as they smirked at the camera. His toned body seemed more ripped than she remembered, only seeing it once at Jasons' school's out pool party. She must of been staring too intently at her phone because before she knew it, it was snatched out of her hand by Kevin who looked at the photo before smugly smirking at the panicked girl, who was reaching for her phone anxiously. He began to speak before something in the window behind Rosemary caught his attention, he basically threw the phone back to her and dove to get a better look, Rosemary following his movements.

"Oh my god!"

"What? What are you two looking at?"

"Game-changer. Archie got hot! He's got abs now. Six more reasons for you to take that ginger bull by the horns tonight."

Rosemary eyebrows furrowed at her friends words as she turned her attention from the attention from the attractive boy in the window.

"Kev."

"Yeah?'

He mumbled not looking away from the red heads upper boy.

"I can't believe I still talk to you."

"Yeah, me neither."

She laughed, before grabbing his arm, dragging him towards the door. Rosemary turned to wink at Betty, not letting go of Kevin.

"Have fun on your date, don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Kevin scoffed beside her.

"Well there isn't a lot you wouldn't do, is there?"

Rosemary used her free hand to lightly smack his arm before turning back to Betty.

"See you tomorrow, love ya babe."

Betty laughed lightly, waving goodbye to her friends, then resumed getting ready for dinner with Archie as Kevin was dragged out the house by the other girl. Once they made it outside Kev linked arms with the short girl as the made their way down the sidewalks.

"So you still like Reggie?"

"I don't know are you still gay?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna change."

"Well there's your answer."

_________
ROSEMARY WELLING IS PANSEXUAL