Interviews

I often miss the little girl
Whose dreams had no barriers
Who believed in a world
Where anything is possible
With a heart
That was full and unbroken

Alyson's POV

Her dress blues were all steamed and pressed, ready to go when she finished her breakfast. After her run this morning, Alyson had made breakfast for Kyle and herself: grilled bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel. She didn't want to make a full breakfast considering he probably was just going to run out the door like usual to work. This he could grab and bring.

"You're the best sister ever" Kyle said, as he took a bite of the bagel sandwich. Alyson smiled, as she finished getting ready so Kyle could drive her to the Naval Office in Chicago.
"You look great, by the way. You're going to crush it" Kyle said, as we got in the car. He gave me a comforting smile, while I just nodded, a bit nervously.

I was Lieutenant Commander on ship. Here, as a civilian, I was nothing. All I had was a Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, and experience in training and management. I hope that would be enough.

Kyle gave me a kiss on my forehead, before I left the car on arrival to the office. I nodded, and then with a determined facade, I walked right on in to the front desk.
"Lieutenant Commander Ruzac? Pleasure to meet you. Please come right this way" the secretary said, once she saw me.

Kyle's POV

I got to the office, and sat down while eating the bagel sandwich Alyson made. Placing it on my desk for a second so I could organize and start my paperwork, the bagel was quickly snatched by Kevin who took a bite.
"Dude...where did you get this?" He asked, almost moaning when he swallowed the bit he ate. I stole the bagel back from him.
"Aly made it this morning. Hands off" I warned, and he just raised an eyebrow at me, laughing.
"How is she?" Kevin asked.
"She's at the Naval Office right now seeing if they can place her for a job" I explained, going back to looking at emails.
"Nice. What does she want to do?" Jay asked, joining the conversation.
"Computer Science or Engineering related. That was her degree in college but she was a Lieutenant Commander so she might get a management type of position" I said, as the rest of the team filed in.

It was a couple hours later, and we were in the field on a new case.
"I'm wondering how he ended up in that place. It's far off the highway. He seems like a decent, stand up guy. Why would he be there?" Jay pondered, as we were all staring at the board.
"Where is that girl?" Voight asked angrily.

Then I got a call from Alyson.
"Hey what's up?" I asked, as I stepped off to my break room to take the call.
"I got a job as leader of the unit at Chicago PD for online cyber hacking" Alyson said excitedly. I could tell she was thrilled and most likely jumping up and down.
"Wow, sis. That's incredible. Congratulations! I can't drink tonight because we've got a case but next time?" I joked.
"Of course! I start tomorrow so I'm going to go try and find an apartment, and buy a car....truck. I want a truck" she said.
"Well good luck. Keep me updated" I replied, before hanging up and getting back.

"How's her job search going?" Jay asked.
"Good. There's a new cyber crime unit that she'll be in charge of here. Now she's trying to find an apartment and a truck" I said, as the team looked excited.
"What type of truck?" Al asked. I just shrugged.
"Congrats to your sister" Voight said, before we all returned back to focusing on the case.

Alyson's POV

Entering the apartment again to change into civilian clothes, I breathed out a sigh of relief. This job was like a dream. I was still helping people, managing, and doing tech work.