Butterflies

My heart swings back and forth
Between the need for routine
And the urge to run

Voights POV

It had been a long day, and all I could think about was going to Alyson's tonight for dinner. I was nervous, which I hadn't felt in a while. The last time I've felt nervous and glittery about a woman would have been my deceased wife.
I looked out from my office to my team, especially Kyle. He was busy researching on the computer, and I could only sigh.

I didn't know who to talk about my liking to Alyson. I don't talk to people on the team about personal things - especially personal things - except for Al and Erin. But Erin's good friends with Kyle and Alyson, and Al.... well maybe I can talk to him?

"Hey Al, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked, trying to be unsuspicious. He just nodded, coming into the office and shutting the door. I nodded for him to close the blinds as well.

"Okay... what's going on?" He asked, after shutting the blinds. I could tell he was worried since my demeanor was nervous.

"It's not about you. I... I like someone. You know I haven't like someone in a while. Now, it's someone that is close and I don't know how to handle it" I stated, trying to be as discreet as I could.

"And you're telling me this why?" He asked, confused, sitting in the chair now that he was more relaxed.

"Because I'm going to her house tonight for dinner, just a casual dinner that she offered to make to make up for me paying for things, and I don't know what to do" I said. Al sighed.

"Well, bring flowers. Tell her. If you really like this one, then put it out there. There's no harm, is there?" he said.

"It's Alyson" I sighed, maybe putting things into a bigger perspective.

"Oh" He said, sighing. He looked at me thinking. "You're going to her house for dinner tonight?"
"Yea, she's cooking because she wanted to thank me for the lunches. You know how she is" I said.
"Lunches?" He asked confused.
"We have lunch almost everyday together at this little deli nearby" I explained.
"Ahh, ok. That's nice. Well then bring flowers and a bottle of wine. See how it goes and hopefully there will be a moment to tell her" Al advised. I nodded, thinking.
"Thanks Al. Just don't..."
"Say anything. You got it" he finished my sentence, then left.

Alyson's POV

I stood in front of my closet and prayed I looked ok: not too formal, not too underdressed, but pretty and put together enough.

Usually I would be in a sweater and leggings, but since Hank was coming over I changed for jeans, a cute tank top and a sweater

I heard the timer go off in the kitchen, indicating the pasta was ready, and so I went over and fetched the sieve(also called strainer). I poured the pasta into the sieve, to get rid of the water, and then poured the pasta into the original pan to add the sauce.
I was just about to mix the sauce in when I heard a knock on the door. Instantly my heart rate for a little higher, but I walked to the door.