"He's Back"

"She's been through more

Hell than you'll ever know.

But, that's what gives her 

beauty an edge...

You can't touch a woman

who can wear pain

like the grandest of 

diamonds 

around her neck" 

-Alfa 

"Where's Ruczac?" Samantha asked, as it got to be almost 8am, and their leader hadn't been in yet. Usually Alyson was in at precisely 5am, so this was incredibly unusual. Frankie looked up from his computer, over to the clock, then to Samantha. Everyone on the team had uneasy faces.

"I'll go up to Intelligence and ask her brother" Tyler asked, as he got up from his desk and headed towards the stairs.

"Hey, can I speak to Ruczac?" Tyler asked, slightly nervous as he tugs a bit on his cardigan as he stands at the end of the staircase facing the Intelligence team. They all look up and Kyle's stomach drops a bit, sensing the distress on his face. 

"What's wrong?" He asked immediately, understanding that it probably had to do with his sister if anyone from her team was up here, specifically speaking to him. They went over to the break room section, although still had the team's eyes on them.

"She hasn't showed up for work yet... we were wondering if you knew anything?" Tyler asked. Kyle shook his head, and pulled out his phone to call his sister. 

"Hello? Yes... Why didn't you call?... ok. Just... Call me later.... uh boss?" Kyle said, sighing before he turned to Voight and gave him the phone. Kyle had a look of utter shock on his face, as he looked Tyler after handing Voight the phone. Voight took the phone, with a raised eyebrow, and went into his office to talk to Aly. 

"She won't be in work for a few days... I can't tell you more than that. She's talking with Voight now to maybe collaborate our teams" Kyle said, as he looked over to Voight who was looking at files on his desk while he spoke to his sister.

"You're doing what?" Voight asked.

"I'll be back in a few days" Aly said vaguely. She sounded out of it, like distracted. 

"Why? What about your team?" he asked. Voight was more concerned with what she was doing and why she didn't mention anything this morning.

"Something came up. Just join the teams together. My team isn't working on something at the moment so let them help yours" She reasoned, and Voight sighed.