Chapter 5: It was all in your mind

A voice from across the room said, "Is she ok nurse"? Charlie opened her eyes and tried to look around the room. Her vision was blurry, but she could make out a few people standing by the door and two next to her. A soft voice stated and it was probably the nurse to Charlie's thinking, "I believe… but the bleeding around her chest is pretty bad". When she adjusted her eyes to the room around her she saw three people standing near entrance of the nurse's room and two standing over her.

Towards the left was Aunt Jen and the nurse. Over to her right was the reception lady and some man. Near the entrance of the room was three kids that were the ones that were behind her before she started going nuts. The nurse replied, "She's awake"! Charlie rubbed her head and asked, "What the… what happened"? She wanted to say a curse word, but of course she was still in school.

The reception lady responded first, "Well… you passed out when I asked you your name and I quickly took you to the nurse afterwards". Aunt Jen's face looked worried and she didn't know what to think of this. The nurse joined into the conversation looking at the reception lady, "Then you started bleeding from your chest, it was quite strange". She noticed the nurse was pointing down at her chest. She looked down at her chest and it had a large bandage over it, but the red liquid was still visible. The principal began to speak, "Well, you may stay here or go to class, you have already missed almost half of the day…"

Charlie wanted to thank him in advance, but she decided not to speak. She needed to take this all in, but she still wondered how the blood from her dream appeared in the real world. "I think I'll be fine" Charlie replied to the principal and picked herself up. The principal let out a hand and said, "My name is Mr. Burkes… I am your principal here". Nodding she looked over at the nurse and Aunt Jen, she didn't really pay any attention to the kids near the entrance. The nurse then said, "Also, you better thank your aunt for coming down here… my name is Ms. Husin".

The reception lady decided to join into the conversation, "And mine is Mrs. Casby". She then looked at Aunt Jen lastly who was smiling. "I'm glad you are alright, I was so worried… really… you know I care about you and if you need to come…" Aunt Jen responded but was interrupted by Charlie's head bobbing. Charlie shook her head to tell her 'it is all good'. Aunt Jen seemed to understand by shaking her own head. "Alright, I'll go home and if you need me then just call…" she responded to Charlie.

Charlie dangled her feet over the hospital bed. She picked herself up and breathed in. She just needed to forget about Freddy's once and for all. If she continues to think about it, she's going to have nightmares or she is going to pass out again. Charlie lastly asked Ms. Husin, "Do you know why I passed out"? Ms. Husin responded to her, "Well… we are not entirely sure actually".

That was the strangest thing, how could a nurse not know about something like that. She placed her feet onto the floor and said, "I'm going to go now". Mrs. Casby quickly ran over to her. In her hands was Charlie's schedule. Charlie took it out of her hands. Aunt Jen walked next to her and waved. Both Aunt Jen and Mr. Burkes left the room before her. Mrs. Casby and Ms. Husin were talking amongst themselves now.

In front of her was the three kids from before. They were all patiently quiet the whole time. Very different from her old school since most of the kids were troublemakers. The first kid was a girl who was the shortest of this little group. She had black hair, black clothes, with pale white skin and blue eyes. She was basically the emo girl. This girl began to speak, "Oh… hi… my name is Lexine…"

The girl instantly turned away from Charlie after speaking. The second kid was to the left of Lexine. He was taller than the other two and he wore a white colored shirt with blue jeans. His eyes were blue just like Lexine and he had brown colored hair. "Oh hello, uh... I'm Andrew" he said to Charlie. Unlike Lexine who turned away from her, Andrew held out his hand.

Charlie shook his hand and smiled. Judging from his actions already he was a pretty civilized person. The last kid stepped up to her and said, "The name's Nick…" She shook his hand as well and he stepped back. Charlie then looked at her schedule. Andrew and Nick were both curious about her classes so they asked, "What do you have".

Charlie looked up at both of them. She gave them a little peek at the piece of paper. Lexine seemed to be looking at it from a distance. Her voice was quiet, but spoke, "Does stuff like that happen often". The two boys looking at her schedule looked up at her. She replied to Lexine, "Yeah… hehe… well it happened to me a lot a while back". Lexine was nodding slowly, even though she was this 'emo', she still acted very strange.

Lexine acted like she had never slept in her life. She also seemed like she didn't care about the world at all. Andrew gave Charlie her schedule back and said, "We have the same fourth class"! Charlie looked back at him and grabbed her schedule. "I have to go, I don't want to miss my other classes" Charlie said to Andrew. He then said to her, "Our fourth class is next actually". She then came to realization and laughed.

Andrew said, "Since me and you are confused about the whole place, we'll go together". Charlie agreed with her. The nurse over at the medical bed then smiled. She said, "Or I could show you guys around". Andrew and Charlie both laughed. Ms. Husin placed a medicine bottle on a desk nearest to the medical bed.

Ms. Husin walked over to the three and raised her hand. "Come on now" she said to them. They all followed her down the hall. Down the hall was a door to the cafeteria. To the right of the cafeteria door was the gymnasium. To the left of the cafeteria door was several classrooms and possibly art.

Ms. Husin walked down the left hall and took a peek at all of the schedules. She pointed at Lexine and guided her over to the second classroom over. Now it was just her, Andrew, and Nick. She pointed at Charlie and Andrew. She said, "Over here, this class". This class was History class and of course it would be a boring day because it is introduction day. Ms. Husin was waving at the teacher inside and he waved back as he was speaking.

Everyone in the classroom looked over at Charlie and Andrew. Ms Husin spoke for them, "You know what happened, it is in the email Mr. Jacob". The teacher, Mr. Jacob nodded to her and said, "Alright, take a seat Charlie and Andrew… I'm not assigning them until tomorrow". They both sat down in a seat. Charlie was sitting in the bottom left corner and Andrew was sitting to the right of her. Charlie put her backpack down on the floor.

Ms. Husin shut the door to the History classroom. Andrew then placed his bag on the ground. All the students in the classroom stopped staring at both of them. The teacher began to speak, "These students are actually not late, they have been here, it is just an incident I guess you could say happened". Charlie then pointed at her bandage, while everyone looked back. Mr. Jacob then said, "Now that Charlie has finished showing you what happened, we can continue on with introduction with our class…" She knew that this was probably going to be a boring rest of the day.

But she had many questions about this whole thing. Why is she having nightmares of those animatronics from before. Those animatronics from Hurricane, it just didn't make any sense to her. Unless Michael is haunting her, which is unlikely because he was a friend of hers. She looked over at the door to this classroom. She saw something for at least a second pass by, it wasn't human either.

For a second a face of one of those nightmarish animatronics appeared on the window of the door. It kept disappearing and reappearing in several intervals. Then it stayed and stared into Charlie. She finally registered the look of the machine. It was that Nightmare Chica thing from her dream. It was the one who killed her inside that dream. She breathed in and out, she just needed to remember it was all in her mind.