Chapter 1

The only way to prove I'm strong is by pursuing what I love most: singing. Which explains the reason I'm in a unfamiliar place to the usual London I know of. I was sat in a small plastic chair, rubbing my sweaty palms against my sides, waiting for my name to be called.

Who would've thought after the death of my dad I'd end up here in New Jersey. He was always my biggest fan, he's what inspired me to keep going. Right until the cancer took over he would tell me I'd do great, and guess what? He was right.

I had dressed to impress that morning, I usually turn up places in a tucked in shirt and some high waisted shorts. But that day I was in a tight skirt and flowery crop top. My hairs was in it's natural state, in hope I looked the part.

"Elizabeth Smith?"

"That's me" I jumped to my feet, following the pretty girl. The lady took me to a door with the name Katy Rivers engraved in the wood. I knocked and waiting for me to be called.

"Come in" I heard a woman shout. Hesitantly I walked in smiling at the old lady I front of me. "Hello Elizabeth, I'm Katy" the woman says offering her hand for me to shake it.

"I'm Lizzie" I wanted to mentally hit myself for not being professional in using my full name. Katy nodded and started writing something down I couldn't make out.

"Now you, Elizabeth have a great talent in dance. I'm here to offer you something incredible" I nodded for her to carry on while picking at the skin peeling off my nail. She gave me a piece of paper and looked up "have you heard of the Dolan twins?"

"No, sorry" I said, feeling ashamed while looking down

"They're looking for opening acts for their world tour show which starts in around 9 months" she explained and I took in every work. I don't usually listen to people, I tend to nod my head and act like I care but this time I processed it all. "You'll have your own apartment here and go to school with them to get to know them, then when the tour starts you travel with them.

"When do I move' I hesitantly asked while scanning through the paper. "Within a week" I looked straight up in shock and pushed my head back. Leaving London life behind for over a year for my future? Is it worth it

"Do you want time to think about it?" She asked smiling back at me "I understand it'll be hard, but you'll get recognised by bigger companies and your future will be a blast!" I want this, I want this, I want this.

"Where's a pen? I'm ready to sign" a huge smile forming on both of our faces "great to have you as a manager"

So here I am, two weeks later, settled into a new apartment. It gets lonely without my mum, I felt bad leaving her behind on her own but she insisted. My first day of school is today and I'm bricking it. I feel so different from everyone here. I feel... English!

"The principle will see you now" an old lady smiled at me and led me to the room. I thanked her and continued to take a seat

"Hello Lizzie, I have done this so many times I'm going to get straight to the point. Here your timetable, I've asked a kid named Aaron to show you around. I hope you enjoy life at Ocean Rock school for the next few months" he smiled and passed me over a timetable. I turned around to walk out before being interrupted by a black haired kid running into the office.

"Sorry sir I'm late" he smiled and turned to me "hey you must be Elizabeth?"

"Lizzie" I corrected, his jaw dropping, my anxiety went up to 100 as soon as he started to stare at me. I let out a cough and looked around.

"Your voice? It's so, so"

"British?" I interrupted while laughing at his amazement. He nodded and I followed where he was going.

"I'm Aaron, Aaron Carpenter" he smiled, shaking my hand. "You have a free first, nice. I'll show you 'the crew'"he rolled his eyes and led me to a group of people. All lads, great.

"Okay guys. Meet Lizzie" everyone's eyes looked up and I must say, they were all sex gods. I smiled and did a little wave, letting them all introduce themselves. There's Ethan, Grayson, Aaron, Cameron, Jack and Jack. There are many more, but for now let's keep it as this is all I needed to know.

WEYYYY first chapter officially out, I feel is a short one so I apologise