Mezzo Piano: Note 5

Just when the commanding soldier and scientist though they were finding the truth, they found they had no idea what was going on.

"Sir," a soldier sitting at a monitor said to the commander who was speaking with the scientist. "There is an incoming object. It appears to be releasing quite a lot of energy, too."

The commander quickly looked at the object and its estimated speed, while the scientist's eyes followed the other data. "That is quite a lot of energy," the scientist said. "A dangerous amount, and it seems to be coming straight for us."

"Sir," the soldier said urgently.

"Evacuate the civilians!" he shouted, giving orders. "Then get yourselves out!"

The soldiers at monitors dispersed, and the soldiers left all over the entire base.

Back in the A-ship, S had noticed what was going on. His own A-ship monitors had read the object and come back with what he thought. The object was Ribacian.

The A-ship immediately started to manipulate.

It appeared, flying close to the strange Ribacian pod that was burning. It was designed like an asteroid, and its only function was to apparently crash into things to take them down. The A-ship glided down and landed on top of the missile--the A-ship was perfectly safe, being impervious to heat. The smaller ship looked for a way to stop the larger, but it couldn't--it was just a rock. And the missile didn't seem to be burning up in Earth's atmosphere, either.

As it crashed, S was relieved to see that everyone was out of the target area, the mobile command base. It didn't need to, but the A-ship manipulated. Off of the meteor, and into the skies.

S thought it was time to reveal himself.

The command soldier was glad to see everyone was safe. And yet . . . whatever that missile was . . . There had to be more of them. Whoever the attackers were, they were extra-terrestrial, and they were attacking.

Suddenly, a car appeared in his peripheral vision. He jumped. The car had appeared out of nowhere. He quickly unstrapped his gun, yet he knew it would do nothing against the Ship that could Appear. However, it might be effective against the alien climbing out of the car.

He raised his hands and said, "Hello, I'm S."

The commander followed him with his gun as he inspected everything around him.

"Look at that," he pointed to a screen. "That was the sensor that warned you. So you reconnected the sensor to a different monitor, since the other monitor blew up. And that," he said, pointing at a screen relaying code, "is an easily decipherable code that you are transmitting to the main country. Translated, it says, 'Missile hit. Awaiting further orders,' 'We will transmit when ready for bombing,' and 'Interesting development: a strange alien has appeared.'" He frowned. "That's me, isn't it? Well that's rude."

The commander said, "Will you shut up, the asteroid is about to hit."

"Wait, it hasn't hit yet?" S said. He sighed. "Time travel. Must've gone back a couple seconds."

The disguised missile flew overhead, and the civilians that had been on the plane gasped as the asteroid hit into the abandoned command center. A huge ball of fire rose from the epicenter of the impact, eventually mushrooming.

"That was small compared to other explosions," S said, trying his way of trying to quiet the shock from the civilians.

The commander looked at him. "Right now, we're being attacked by aliens, and since you're the only alien here, you're the prime suspect. So tell me something that will make me not shoot you."