Chapter 1: The start of something good.

Everything started with a brief conversation by phone.

"Are you Dean Winchester?" you asked when someone answered your call.

"Who is this?" his deep voice sounded distrusting.

"My name is Y/N, and I need your help," you really hoped that this would work and that the so called Winchesters would help you solve this mess you had gotten into. "I'm a hunter as well," you added, not wanting him to hang up on you.

"Are you working right now?" he asked after a few seconds in absolute silence.

"Yes. I think it might be a djinn"

"You think?"

"Look, my partner is missing for the first time since we started hunting together and I've never seen something like this in my whole life as a hunter, so I have the right to feel a little disoriented, don't you think?"

"Easy there, sweetheart, where are you?"

"Eldon, Missouri."

"Well get there... probably at midnight. You better have some pie by then," you though it was your imagination, but Dean's voice sounded... happy? That made you less guilty for making them drive all the way to you.

"No need to say it twice," you answered smiling before he hang up and you let yourself fall backwards on the mattress of the van.

After a few minutes looking at the metallic ceiling full of newspaper's clipping, you decided to make use of the free time that you had up to your meeting to go to buy a couple of things that you needed and the dessert that you had promised -you didn't know if he was joking or not, but you preferred not to risk- to the hunter. On your way to the parking where you had the van, you received a short message:

"We're waiting for you in Eldon Inn."

You hurried up to your car and jumped into the pilot's seat before answering.

"On my way" you threw the bag to the seat next to you to look for the meeting place in a map of the town that you had in your console. Once you found it, you didn't waste time to start the engine and joined the road.

Another message made your phone ring.

"Where are you staying?"

Not being able to answer the same way you decided to call, bearing the mobile between the shoulder and your ear. It was a little bit uncomfortable to drive, to be honest.

"Winchester," you said as soon as he answered on the other side, "I'm driving, if you wanted to know something this was the best way to ask."

"Got it," he answered giggling. "So?"

"Nowhere, we sleep in the back of the van."

"Seriously?"

"Yep, we have a mattress and that does the work. What, you always pay for a room wherever you go?"

"It's the best thing that we can do, it's our 'safe place' if you want to call it that way."

"And you and your brother... share the same room? You'll get funny looks...," you couldn't avoid laughing at him.

"Do not even mention it..."

"Why? I think it's funny."

"It isn't, Sam's my brother, for the love of God!"

"I know that, but I've seen worse things," you said giggling.

"I think I'd rather not know..."

"If you change your mind, don't hesitate to ask," you kept laughing at him, and even thought that you maybe had found a new pastime. "The Internet is wonderful," you whispered happily.