Ch. 7: Aria

Aria

  The movie ends and I get up to take it out. I put it back in the case and turn to Aiden. "So what's our project on anyway?" I ask him.

  "Venus," he answers. I groan.

  "Science sucks," I say, plopping down on the couch beside him. Our arms are touching slightly, I don't move away. "So what do we have to do for the project?"

  "Well we have to right a report-" I cut him off with a groan. "And we have to make a visual aid." I groan again. He lets out a small chuckle.

  "What's so funny?" I ask him.

  "You. You're cute when your upset, too."

  I punch him in the arm. "I told you to never call me cute," I snap.

  "I can't deny the truth." He smirks. I punch him again. "Ow. Stop doing that."

  "Don't call me cute."

  "But you are." I punch him again, harder.

  "Ow. Okay, I won't call you cute. But that doesn't mean you aren't." I punch him even harder. "Ow." He rubs his arm.

  "Come on, we should start research for the project." I get up and go up the stairs, Aiden follows. I walk into my room. I grab my laptop, sign in, then give it to Aiden. "Here. You go on Google while I put on music." I walk over to my iPod dock and start looking through songs.

  "As long as you don't put on that weird song from the car, I'll be cool with anything."

  "What? Do you mean 'Body Bag'? That's a really good song."

  "Yeah, but the lyrics are weird."

  "I guess a little, but that's what makes it even better. It's more ironic that way. I find irony funny."

  "Why is it ironic?" he asks.

  "Because the music makes you want to dance and the lyrics are all about a guy wanting to kill another guy."

  "I guess that is ironic."

  I return my attention back to the iPod. I find an album by Panic! at the Disco and skip to the last song, it's my favorite. I go over and sit on the edge of the bed next to Aiden. He's on a website about Venus.

  He looks up. "What is this?" he asks, referring to the music.

  "It's Panic! at the Disco." I didn't think he would recognize the name of the band, but he surprises me with his answer.

  "Yeah, I know, but which song is it. I can't remember the name."

  "You listen to Panic! at the Disco?" I ask, shock clear in my voice.

  "Yeah. Why is that so surprising?" he asks, slightly confused at my question.

  "It's not, I guess. I just didn't expect you to like this kind of music."

  "What kind of music did you expect me to listen to?"

  "I don't know. Something stupid, I guess." He chuckles.

  "Hey, I listen to good music."

  I ignore him. "So what are you looking at?" I lean in closer so that our heads are right next to each other. His breath catches a little, and he clears his throat. I have to resist the urge to laugh.

  "It's just a website with facts on Venus," he says.

  "No shit. I'm pretty sure I can see that," I say gesturing to the screen.

  "Well you asked. What else was I supposed to tell you? That I'm not looking up facts on Venus?"

  "Shut up. I don't like sarcasm."

  "But you use sarcasm all the time."

  "Okay. Well, what I meant to say was that don't like it when other people use sarcasm on me."

  "You're such a hypocrite." I punch him in the arm.

  "Take it back," I say angrily.

  "No, I'm not going to take it back because it's true."

  I punch him again. "Take it back, Aiden."

  "No. I like it when your angry. You're-"

  "Don't you dare say it."

  "Cute." I punch him repeatedly as hard as I can.

  "Take it back."

  "Okay, fine, I take it back."

  "Good. If you ever say it again I will hang Barbie doll heads from your bedroom ceiling."

  "No you won't."

  "Wanna bet?" I ask raising my eyebrows. There must've been something in my tone because he shakes his head. "Good."