Chapter 1

Levi was a man of few words, and his smouldering eyes and strong jawline only added to the air of mystery that surrounded him. Stood in the swealtering heat he watched as Jesse tried his hardest to stay ontop the new stallion. He didn't and Levi smirked knowing what was coming. "You lil' fucker! I ain't gon' let you make a fool outta me!" The stallion snorted, ears pricked back and stomped its hooves in a rhythm that only made Levi's smirk grow. And then he bucked, sending Jesse flying through the air and eventually toppling onto the ground in a heap. Levi raised one eyebrow as he stared at the mess beneath his boot. "Ah, fucker."

"Boy! You're fuckin' stupid!" Earl's voice bellowed from behind, making his way towards the pair. "What I tell you, eh? Nobody's to go ridin' that fuckin' horse!" Jesse's eyes went wide, but not for the reason everybody seemed to think. He noticed that next to Earl, the Devil reincarnate was an angel in disguise. His breath caught in his throat and his hands became clammy.  Levi noticed this and his eyes zeroed in on the girl. His eyes widened a fraction in recognition but his face void of emotion.

So the heat don't bother me, but one look at this beauty and I'm fuckin' sweatin' like a bitch in heat, Jesse thought to himself.  "Never met a stallion as stubborn as this fucker," he huffed in annoyance and gazed at the girl with the brown eyes.

"If you know what's good for you boy, you'll fuck off an' get back to work," said Earl. He turned towards Levi, "what you doin' standin' around boy, ain't you gotta-"

"He's mine," she said, her voice as smooth as velvet coming from her plump lips. "I'd keep your hands off've him if I were you, he don't like nobody but me." Isobel sauntered over to her beauty of a stallion and ran her hands along his glossy black mane. She thought about the brooding male leaning against the fence, his arms crossed over his chest, his head tilted slightly to the left, and a calculating look on his face. She remembered him from when she was a kid, and boy, she wasn't disappointed.

Isobel looked back over her shoulder and eyed the puzzle of a man in front of her. Their gazes connected and the corners of her mouth turned up into a sly smile, "Black Valentine." His heart sped up, his mouth dried, and one word sprung to mind.

Fuck.

X

"Shirley girl, gotcha regular!" Isobel was a real beauty of twenty-two and recently moved back to town. She's living with her daddy, though he hadn't been right for years. So, she got a job as a waitress in the country club and tended to the bar at night. It was good fun, and it got her some cash. It got her talkin' with the locals too, she knew all the gossip, not that it ever interested her. Shirley was the worst for it - she talked a mile a minute, but she appreciated her and her wit. She was wild - inside and out. Her hair was in tight red curls, she wore hooped earrings, a blouse that was a little too low and a skirt that was a little too short. But it was Shirley, and everybody loved Shirley, especially her tits.

"Lookin' real good baby girl," she winked and guzzled her whisky. It was a Friday night and the club was extra rowdy. Garrett was already passed out drunk on the stage and The Two Bobbies were busy singing and playing their guitars. "How's your daddy, still feelin' sorry for himself?" That's one thing she liked about Shirley, she didn't sugar coat anything.

"He's just doin' what he does best," Isobel shrugged and shuffled around the bar to serve a man in his early thirties. "What, you wanna cocktail?" She laughed, "you got any balls, sir?" She tilted her head, a sly smirk creeping on her face. Shirley threw her head back and cackled, pouted her lips and pushed herself up against him.

"I only know one man that orders a god damned cocktail," she ran her finger around his chest. "Mm, it's been a while sugar," she purred before shoving her tongue down his throat. It was Hank, Shirley's favourite ride. "Darlin', this is Bella, y'know, Valentine's kid," her hand was slowly wandering towards his belt. His eyebrows shot up, "well I never," he chuckled, "little Bella's all grown up! Whatta you doin' back ere'?" Hank didn't understand why anybody would come back to this town, especially this girl who'd experienced so much trauma.

"City life ain't for me," she said, "I missed ridin' an' I gotta look after my daddy, he's gettin' old y'know, kinda like you," she giggled and made her way to the opposite side of the bar. Hank had missed his little Bella, and he could only hope that she'd be able to pull her daddy back from the grave. He might be breathing, but he most definitely isn't living.

X

*Levi pictured above*