Chapter 10- Unknown Sender

Chapter 10
Lyric's POV
MC
-----------

Things have changed around the house these past couple of days. We've all been trying to adjust to the best of our abilities except for Imani. She wanted no part in the family business, right along with dad, who I think is just doing it so she doesn't feel left out or do anything irrational. Since that night, I couldn't stop thinking about how much of a failure I am and how bad of a liar I was or my siblings were.

..... Last Saturday....

"I mean, yea, but you're pregnant"

My heart fell out my ass. It was running 100 miles per second. I shook my head in denial knowing those words didn't come out of Mom's mouth.

"Mommy... What?!" I tried to play it off. "What are you talking about?" I chuckled.

Dad stood up "Lyric! What the fuck!? You're only 18!"

I shook my head nervously as a tear rolled down my face "No dad, she doesn't know what she's talking about"

I felt her gaze piercing the side of my face. "You think I haven't heard you throwing your insides out or dinner up? Every other morning for the past 4 weeks? Think I haven't noticed all the sweaters and jackets you've added to your wardobe? I know everything. I just want yall to come talk to me about it"

My palms began to sweat heavily "I've been doing that on purpose, so I won't lose my figure."

She looked at me with such a fed up look. "I've been pregnant 4 times. 3 of those were successful hence you lying in my face. Now stop playing games with me and lift up your shirt" she gestured.

I looked around the room with fear in my eyes as did my siblings. I was about to lift it up until she told me to stand up. I held the bottom of my sweater tightly with my eyes shut. I slowly began to lift it as tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt the breeze of the A/C hit my 2 month old pudge.

Dad started to go off, as he should. I had my whole life ahead of me and now I'd have to care for a baby. After hearing what mommy had to go through with daddy, I was thinking that I should keep him or her. I feel like Rodney deserves a chance just like the ones mommy gave to dad. I know that deep down, he loves me immensely.

I zoned out, not knowing that the twins were gone and only my parents and Quay stood in front of me.

Quay asked "So what you gonna do now? You still keeping that?"

I shrugged causing dad to go in an uproar. "Lyric, naw, Lyric, say you swear right now! You ain't bringing no got damn baby into this damn house for that Rodney nigga. That boy is a fucking bum! He is scum, someone told me he a pimp. He got bitches running around selling pussy for money and that's who you laid up with?"

Mommy looked at him shooked "He does what now?" she stared at me as I looked away. I heard he scoffing and chuckling "Lyric, are you... a prostitute?"

I fell down on my knees as I started to heavily sob.

I heard something break "Is this karma?" I heard mommy say.

"Our first born huh?! Selling her body, for what? Midnight, for what?!"

I could hear them shuffling around me. They began to argue I think or just talk about me in such rage.

I felt defeated. I felt so embarassed. I felt unloved. The most disgusting thought were running through my mind. I felt like a fool. Suddenly, a warm arm wrapped around me.