chapter 04

Chapter 04

Her garnet eyes widened in terror. The neatly brushed dark hair fell into her face, creating a dark shadow on her light skin.

"She's-" whispered Kindallis. "The heiress of the Noirdatter family is..."

The officer frowned. "I am sorry. We are trying all that we can to find her. The problem is that she was taken by the Dee and Dum twins."

Kindallis froze. Scenes of horrific crimes flashed across her eyes. She remembered the twins years ago, the time in which they had gone on massive killing sprees, the times where they kidnapped wealthy members of society and sold them away to the city-state's enemies for who knows what. She clenched her fist and stared into the officer's eyes.

"Arrange me a meeting with the governor. I don't care about my current social status, just do it. He will know who I am." ordered Kindallis.

The officer hesitated to respond. He stopped as he was about to say something and adjusted his hat.

"Okay ma'am," he muttered as he turned to walk away.

Kindallis frowned and shut the back door of the manor. She reached up to where her dark black brown hair covered her left eye. She felt the wrinkles surrounding the scarred flesh and sighed, the long and wire-like lashes scraping against her fingers. She turned and punched the kitchen wall.

"Are you okay Kindallis?" asked Alex, turning from where he was rolling out bread dough.

Kindallis glared at him, her fist still rammed against the wall. She relaxed and walked away from the door. She straightened her black tie and picked up a kitchen knife lying on a smooth granite counter top.

"I'm going out." Kindallis murmured. "If Oranji asks where I am at tell her that she should just polish the silverware and then help Ricky clean out the stable shed."

"Well, don't get hurt." warned Alex. "You haven't fought anyone dangerous for a while."

"I'm just going to pay the Diamantes a visit. Nobody should end up dead." she responded sternly as she pulled out her phone and texted Blanche to meet her at the front gate.

"Whatever. I'll be there in a second. Just don't let Maisy follow you. The kid needs to chill about the weed killer." read Blanche's text.

☙☙☙

Kindallis walked down the brick driveway to the front gate. Blanche was standing by the old guard house that lay covered in english ivy. She had her white and black hair pulled up in an extremely messy bun with long strands hanging down. She had removed her maid uniform's white apron and was just wearing the black dress along with a dark red jacket. She shifted her gaze to where Kindallis was walking and frowned.

"You just had to drag me along." she shouted grumpily.

"The young mistress has been taken by Dee and Dum. Of course I'm dragging you along!" Kindallis responded with great annoyance. "You are the only other person like me so you're coming!"

Blanche flipped her hair out of her face, revealing a deformed area around her left eye. She opened her eyelid and amidst the bent and crusty eyelashes, lay a black sclera surrounding a red iris with the hands of a clock sprouting from the pupil. Black roman numerals lined the perimeter of her red iris, glowing darkly against her pale skin.

"Let's begin." she muttered to Kindallis who in turn reached out her gloved hand. Shadowy smoke burst from her fingertips, lacing around her outstretched fingers, creating a spiraling wind around the two women.