0.3

"Today class I will be sending you off in pairs for this project", Mr. Burk exclaimed receiving various groans. "Now it's not that bad, you will be doing a in depth analysis of your partner, every two weeks of the semester you will write a report of your partner, what they do, their habits, their weaknesses, by the end of the semester you guys will have the option of making a video, a poster, whatever creative idea you can manage to make to represent your partner".

 Mr. Burk goes on about the project, and how it's forty percent of our grade, I'm a little nervous to say the least, I don't really talk to anyone in Psych class, only Francine who sits next to me, but she has way too many purple highlights and piercings for my taste. I'm sitting in my desk picking on my nails, a very bad habit of mine as I feel something hitting my head.

Thump

I ignore it but then I hear snickers from the back row. Assholes.

 I try to ignore them, but there's literally a pile of paper balls swarming my seat and soon the whole class begins to laugh, I turn around to face my tormentor but of course it's the one and only Harry.

 "Could you stop and maybe I don't know get a actual life?"

 "You finally decided to turn around, took me ten sheets of paper but hey", he smirked his little group of shitheads to laugh. 

"What do you want?", I whispered harshly so Mr.Burk wouldn't hear me.

"What guys always want, a stimulating conversation and well sex but I guess that offer's off the table", he smiled causing projectile vomit in my stomach.

 "There is no table nor conversation", I threatened, turning back around. But then of course another paper ball was being thrown on my desk and this time it says "OPEN ME". I huff as I open it and as I read the paper my face flushed causing the whole class to laugh. This time i couldn't take it I grabbed the trashcan without Mr.Burk noticing and threw it at Harry.

Yes, I threw a trashcan at him. The whole class was in laughter, even Francine laughed.

 "Lula May, what have you done?", Mr. Burk screamed at me, then I realized the mess that I made and then I see Harry covered in what seems to be Mr.Burk's afternoon yogurt.

Oops.

"I can explain, he was messing with me and he kept throwing paper balls at me and well-

"Lula May and Harry since you guys seem to be so fond of each other you guys can be the first pair of partners for your semester project", he yelled once again, like his point wasn't clear enough.

"With all due respect sir-Harry started.

"Shut it Styles", then Harry sank back in his chair. And with the perfect timing the bell rang, meaning class was over. My face was still red and Harry's was too, clearly out of anger the way he stomped out of class, trust me I don't want to be your partner either.

I stayed after class to clean the mess Harry and I had made. So I could at least try to later convince Mr.Burk that Harry and I together was indeed a terrible idea.

 ---------------------------------

"What'd the note even say?", Sookie asked as she was slurping on her hot chocolate lying on her bed.

"It's embarassing, your gonna laugh", I put my hands to my face.

 "Come on",She nudged.

"Nice buttcrack", and of course Sookie couldn't help but spit out her hot chocolate.

"Well at least he was looking at your butt right? That has to count for something", she laughs off.  We continue laughing and slurping on our hot chocolate but then I notice the time, and its's 8'o clock, leaving Sookie I start to walk home realizing that I haven't really heard of Dawson today, yeah we walked together but he usually calls me. 

 He's probably busy with school work or something.

 I go in my house realizing my mom's not even home yet, she's probably at the inn. I put my pajamas on and lay down in my bed, no calls, no messages, I might as well go to sleep.

 I wish I knew how important this day had become before.