INSUFFERABLE [01]

My name is Ellie Knight.

     Not night like the sky, but Knight like the bus. I didn't know how I got here but, I'm here. The staircases moved as I followed my professor, Minerva McGonagall, who was giving me a tour of the castle. It was the day before school starts and I must say, Hogwarts is way different than Ilvermorny. One thing for sure, the stairs in Ilvermorny doesn't move. Second, it isn't built next to a forest filled with dangerous creatures. And third, we don't have ghosts or poltergeists prancing around the corridors.

     I grumbled as I almost set my foot on one of the steps that disappeared. We didn't have that in Ilvermorny. "This is the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, which is my house. It is the house where we value bravery." She gestured to a portrait of a very fat woman. The woman giggled beneath the frame. I scrunched up my nose slightly at her before following Professor McGonagall to another part of the castle.

• • •

     Night time came crashing in and McGonagall is leading me to where I'll be sleeping for the night. We stopped by a portrait containing a white knight. His face was covered with his helmet and his a sword stood next to him with his armor shimmering by the light.

     "Moon stone," McGonagall whispered, after that, the portrait swung open, leading to a dimly lit passage way. "This is the Head Boy and Girl's common room. Only a few people can enter here. Mainly, the Head Boy and Girl but you can sleep here for tonight." She said. "By the way, tomorrow will be your Sorting. I knew you were sorted in Wampus in Ilvermorny but in Hogwarts there are Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. I will be pleased if you will be sorted in my house. Good night, Miss. Knight." She said before walking down the hall, turning left before I could even say goodbye.

     I sighed before walking inside. I lied down the couch in the middle of the room before letting out a huff of air. This is definitely not like Ilvermorny.

• • •