Three

Dread cruised through my veins and the breath caught in my throat. Weeping Angels. The monsters that haunted my nightmares and made me force myself into dark rooms.

"We need to go." I whispered, gripping the rain tight to keep me steady.

"About that..."

"Doctor please, just get us out of here."

"I can't. She won't move."

I buried my head in my hands and forced myself to breathe normally.

"Lydia? We need to go. We need to get rid of them."

"How, Doctor? You can't destroy them."

"We'll find a way, cheer up. Remember, don't blink."

Don't blink? Because it's just that easy to stop doing something you do involuntarily. Why did I say yes? This was going to be a journey I wouldn't return from. Everyone would wonder where I was. I'd be in a random place in time, giving the Weeping Angels a all-you-can-eat buffet.

"Doctor, we need to leave! Just get us out of here!"

"I can't."

I marched over to him and jabbed my finger into his chest.

"I don't care how, but you will get us out of here and I will never ever go with you again." I glared at him.

"I can't get us out, Lydia. I've tried, but we're not going anywhere." He held his hands up in surrender.

"What are we going to do? Wait until the TARDIS stops having a tantrum?"

"Hey, don't talk about her like that."

"We're not leaving."

"Yes we are."

"No, we are not." I scowled.

"We are!" He repeated, smiling like the mad-man he is.

"No we're not. Doctor, you'll get us killed."

He sighed and took two long steps towards me. "Are you going to come willingly?"

"Of course not."

He shrugged and flung me on his shoulder.

"Doctor! Put me down!" I screamed, kicking against him as we emerged back into the city.

Once we got to the market place, he put me down at last.

"What the hell were you thinking? We'll be killed!"

"No, we won't. Look at the fountain."

"No." I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Lydia, look at it."

"No. I'll be sent somewhere and you'll never be able to find me."

The Doctor curled his hand around my fist, his touch surprisingly gentle.

"Lydia, it won't hurt you. Just look."

I let my eyes fell open. They immediately fell upon the fountain. A Weeping Angel stood in the centre, not looking remotely terrifying.

"Doctor, why does it look like a normal statue?"

"Because there are all these people."

"OK, I've seen it now. Can we please just leave?"

"We have to help these people, Lydia."

"Why are you so heroic?" I sighed, "Why can't you leave people to fare for themselves?"

"Because that's what I do."

He smiled in a maddening way and we strolled into the market place.

"Doctor? How are we supposed to save these people when Weeping Angels are basically indestructible?"

"No idea. We'll find out though."

Sometimes, I really seriously do hate the Doctor.