Distraction

Steve's POV

[2 weeks later]

"Goodmorning." I smiled when I saw Tony sitting at the diner table, eating a hamburger. Normally I would have told him how disgusting it is to eat hamburgers in the morning but he was eating again, that was a huge step.

"Morning." He replied with his mouth full. "Why are you smiling like that?"

I grabbed a chair and sat down next to him. "I don't know. I'm just happy to see you eat."

"Hmmm."

"Are you going to tell me what we're gonna do?" I answered.

Today was our fifth date and it was Tony's turn to think of something for us to do. He told me he had something awesome planned, but wouldn't tell me what it was though.

"I already told you, it's going to be a surprise."

"Fine." I sighed. "Can you at least tell me when I have to be ready?"

He looked at his watch and quickly stuffed his hamburger in his mouth. "Oh shit in like, 15 minutes!"

I shot up from my chair. "What?! I haven't even taken a shower yet!"

"You smell nice." Tony said while sniffing me. "You smell like me."

"Gross, Tony!" Natasha yelled from the living room.

I started blushing and pushed him away. We already scared Natasha when she walked in on us last week. She started yelling, Clint and Wanda came running in too, then they started yelling.. Let's just say, it was an awkward experience for all of us and we didn't see most of the Avengers for a week.

"Just hurry up, because I will leave without you."

I made my way into my room and had to decide what to wear in less than 10 minutes. I just went for some jeans, a white shirt and my black leather jacket.

I ran outside to find Tony hanging against his black Acura NSX. He started smiling when he saw me approach.

"Finally." He said as he opened the passenger door for me.

"So," I said when we were on the road. "Wanna tell me what we're gonna do now?"

"Remember how everyone always wants to know who would win between who if we weren't superheroes? Well we're going to find out with some laser tagging."

"Laser what?"

"I forgot I'm dating a 90 year old." Tony laughed as I rolled my eyes. "We're going to shoot each other with toy guns."

"But I'll still have my super soldier serum."

"And I'll still be really smart. Let's go." He said and left the car.

I hadn't even noticed we were already there. I followed Tony inside and waited for him to return with whatever we were going to need for this.

"Here, put this on." He said and pressed some kind of vest against my chest.

"Why?"

"Just do it. Come on, follow me."

The room we stepped into was really dark and filled with furniture you could hide in or under. There were 10 year olds running around everywhere and I'm sure they stopped running and just stared at us at one point.

Not because we're superheroes, they probably didn't even know who we were, without our suits on but because there were two old nutheads running around, trying to shoot each other while one was yelling bad words and the other one was running after him, trying to stop him from learning the kids bad words.