Chapter Four: The Procrastinator's Pain

I walked into Professor Nivage's Drama class dead on my feet. Dealing with coursework and plotting multiple strategies for overthrowing Kaleb takes a lot of time. Not to mention the fact that I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, thanks to someone deciding it was smart to throw the first goddamn frat party of the year. It's an entire two hour lecture. It took all the energy I had to even pay attention to her speaking. And half of it was just her venting about things that happened in her personal life. I thought this was drama class, not psychology.

Someone else voiced my thoughts. A student closer to the podium sent a permission to speak code through the class Facebook chat. The professor waved her arm at him while bowing. I looked over at him. I didn't have high hopes about the guy's question. To start with, he looked like a carbon copy of Royfaile, except instead of having raven hair, his is blonde. To add to my thoughts, he's wearing one of those football team letterman jackets. Then, there was the unmistakable air of a person who thinks highly of themselves. Her answer was that it helped our theatrics. "What does your cat not wanting its pet food have to do with drama?" They asked, and the corners of my mouth turned up. Thank god I'm not the only one who is confused. The professor looked just ecstatic that he asked that question.

"Class," she said in the most enthusiastic voice I had ever heard. Does she not realize that it's four in the morning? I'll probably have to take a couple aspirin before this lecture is over.

"That is a very important question. Do you know why my life ties in with drama?" She asked, and I'm pretty sure I saw some kids start to gather their things to leave. To be honest, I'm contemplating it too.

"Nobody? Oh, well," She muttered, her shoulders slumping slightly. Aww, is someone sad because none of her students understand your weird connections?

"Never mind. I'll tell you!" She went back to her perky voice, and I almost slammed my head onto the desk. Almost. I can't risk ruining my perfect brain just because Nivage's voice has decided to permanently sound like a twenty year old cheerleader.

"My life and drama fit together perfectly, because drama isn't a profession, or a job, it is a lifestyle. You should live and breathe drama, or else what are you doing here?" She exclaimed. I was so tempted to send in a sarcastic comment, but the same guy in the letterman jacket beat me to the punch.

"So if I was a cheerleader, and my boyfriend, the quintessential jock, was having problems with his baby mama, I should live and breathe them in class? And why aren't all the cheerleaders *cough* bimbos *cough* in this class?" Nivage tried to interrupt him, but he just kept talking over her. No, it wasn't just talking over. He steamrolled over her.

"Or, if I don't live and breathe drama, can I leave and you'll still give me the credits I need?" He finished, and leaned back in his seat. To the Nivage's surprise, the entire auditorium gave him a standing ovation, myself included. I have to admit, that was hilarious to watch. Nivage's mouth kept opening and closing like a fish out of water. She finally found her voice.

"You," she yelled at the kid who made all of the comments, waggling her finger in his direction.

"just disrupted my class for no good reason, and stooped as low as to degrade one group of your peers!" Her face was as red as a triangular mound of ketchup. Yes, her face looks like a triangle. The guy just continued to smirk. I think it pushed it over the edge.

"If any of you make another comment like that, you will be automatically failed." She smiled smugly, thinking that was the end of that. Not a chance. There is just no way I'm taking that laying down. Just to move us from the frying pan into the fire, I posed my own question in the flooding Facebook chat. The room went from a talkative environment, to somewhere so tense, so silent you could hear a pin drop, as everyone read my question: