"A Chicago Night"

Norman collapsed onto the sofa in his hotel suite at the Four Seasons Los Angeles exhausted. He kicked his shoes off in opposite directions as he held a cold bottle of Corona in his hand. He had stopped up at the hotel bar on his way in and picked one up. On days like today, he regretted agreeing to work with Hideo as every single muscle in his body was killing him.

For the last two weeks, he had been working non-stop on the Death Stranding project with his friend Hideo Kojima at his Los Angeles studio and Norman decided he was just getting too old for this. He knew that after a shower and a few beers, he'd probably take that back, but for now, that's how he felt.

He sat up a bit, so he was no longer lying flat. Now with his head raised, he could drink the beer and he did just that downing half the bottle before he stopped. "Damn, that tasted good," he thought to himself. "Shoulda got two." He had one foot on the floor and the other was bent at the knee to take the pressure off his lower back. It was aching him something fierce.

Norman closed his eyes letting just his mind wander and it went to where it had been going for weeks...back to that night with Nicole. That was her name. That whole night he had no idea who she was. Not her name, where she lived, or who the hell was she. Only the next morning, after a night full of the best sex he ever had, only did he find out. He put his contact info in her phone before he left and shortly after she sent him a text...she was Nicole Sinclair.

Nicole wasn't normally the type of girl he went for. She was shorter and curvier than the bone-thin women he usually ended up with. He enjoyed her and her body a whole lot that night and for some reason he couldn't get her out of his mind. She was easy to talk to and she wanted him for him and not who he was or what he could do for her.

That was one hell of a night. And he wanted more.

He had hooked up with many women before, but that night was so different. It went from nothing to sizzling instantly. The fact they were strangers to each other raised the intensity of the night all the way to the top. That was the hottest sex he ever remembered having...and he wanted to have her again.

And again.

He was still surprised that she didn't know who he was. He had been an actor and artist for many years, but he was still fairly unknown until The Walking Dead put him in almost every household for the last seven years now and his face was now on many magazine covers. He couldn't even walk down a street anymore without being recognized. Getting a simple cup of coffee always turned into a fiasco. He loved his fans, he really did, but sometimes he'd love to just be able to run out for cigarettes and have it not take forever because he was taking photos with fans.

Nicole wasn't like that or at least he hoped she wasn't once she realized who he was. He wondered about her. The suite she had at the hotel wasn't cheap by any means. He stayed at Four Seasons Hotels enough to know that. They were his favorite hotel to use when he was away. Was that a coincidence that she chose that hotel in all of the hundreds that New York had to offer?