Reason #18

Reason #18 I Hate Being Famous: No PDA

Louis' P.O.V

We pull up to a fancy restaurant and the driver opens the door, letting us out. I grab Eleanor's hand, now an instinct, and lead us inside.

"Table for two?" The lady asks, and I look at Eleanor.

"We're meeting with Mark." Eleanor says and the lady nods, obviously knowing what that means. She leads us through the restaurant to a secluded room. When the door opens we see three men sitting at a table, with two open chairs waiting for Eleanor and  I.

"Louis, Eleanor, nice to see you." Mark says, giving us a smile. I say nothing, letting Eleanor do the talking. The normal these days. We sit down and a short silence lays over us until I get restless.

"So why are we here?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"We'll get to that in a minute. I think we should order lunch first, don't you think?" Mark asks, waving to a waitress through the glass of the door separating us. She comes in and we order drinks and food.

"Now can we get to business please? I just want to go back and-" I say.

"And do what Louis?" Eleanor asks, giving me a look.

"Spend quality time with the boys. I haven't hung out with all of them since you arrived. I need to reconnect with my band members!" I say, my voice raising. 

"Anyways," Mark says, trying to avoid the argument that was about to happen. "We wanted to say that we're very, very happy about this relationship. I'm not sure what changed your mind about Harry, Louis but whatever it is, we're glad it happened."

"Well when you get with someone and love happens, you realize what's really important." Eleanor cuts in before turning to me.

"Yeah. Love can be blinding." I say, giving Eleanor a kiss. I'm a great actor. I've fooled everyone, including the management team. I think to myself as I watch them smile. 

"We were hoping to end the contract between you two and making this relationship more real. I can see it's already a real relationship but the removal of the contract would make this a little... Better? Yeah. But we do have one thing else we want to discuss." Mark tells me. His words make me want to throw up. What else could they possibly want?

"The publicity surrounding the band right now is okay, but not great. Obviously the tour is making it be better but we need a push. I know Louis was probably thinking of this, your fantastic relationship being the way it is, but there is only one step more. Marriage."

"Marriage?" I choke on my water, spitting it out. Before when the word was said, I thought of a simple and beautiful ceremony with the boys. I'd marry the man I love and spend our honeymoon somewhere far away from home, where the paps couldn't find us.

"We're only 22 and 21! We're way too young to get married!" I protest. 

"Please think about it Louis. Don't you want to spend the rest of your life with Eleanor?" No.

"Well of course, but I don't know if this is good timing. The band is at a high point and I don't think marriage is a good thing right now." I try to explain, but it's like talking to a deaf person. 

"Think about it Louis." Mark says. "Tell the chef to package our food to go." He tells the waitress and the three men get up. 

"We'll be sending the contract to be terminated sometime this week." One of the faceless men of the management team says, and they leave.

"A wedding! Oh I'm so excited Louis! I've dreamed of marrying someone rich and famous for years!" Eleanor gushes.

"Woah. Woah, Eleanor. Listen, we need to talk about this. I'm not ready to get married yet." Or at least not to you. "Let's take our food back to the hotel and throughly discusss this." I propose.