Chapter XVII

Nico's POV

It has been three months since Percy's funeral. Camp half-blood and some of Camp Jupiter attended. Everyone came up to me, saying that they're sorry, and that he was too young. It only made me choke back my tears.

He was too young.

In a split second, I'd do anything to swap places with him.

Anything.

The apartment is deadly quiet. I could not function correctly. Continuous nightmares haunted my mind. Horrid flashbacks replayed in my head. His soft, deep voice lingered around for ages. All of this continually happening for three months, and forevermore.

I've lost too many loved ones. My mother, Bianca, and now Percy? The only one who made me see things differently, the only one who made me think I could have a bright future, the only one who accepted me. Gone, gone, gone.

I lie down on my couch, motionless. I stared at my white ceiling in complete silence. Oh how I craved Percy's arms around me, his breath on my cold neck, his hands intertwined with mine, his salty lips connected with mine. I screamed in anger, trying to make the thoughts disperse. I sat up, my hands pulling tufts of my hair back. Bright sunlight poured through the glass doors, only making me want to hide forever in darkness.

I got up and walked quietly to my bathroom. I slammed the door, knowing that no one else is in here with me, but just for the sound. The silence is sickening me. I opened my mirror cabinet to see my old friend, Mr. Razor Blade. I took hold of it and closed my mirror and sat on the closed toilet seat, rolling up the sleeve of my jacket. I had a tight grip on the sharp metal and stared deeply at my fading scars. My vision blurred from the fresh tears forming in my eyes. I loosened my grip on my blade and looked around, distracting myself.

Percy's bead necklace from camp caught my eye. It was resting on the sink, where he last put it before he took a shower on my birthday. I haven't noticed it before. It was just there. I dropped the blade, hearing it drop to the tile floor loudly, and reached for the necklace like my life depended on it. I held the beads in my palm and wrapped my fingers around it tightly.

"I promise, Percy." I said quietly as my body shook.

I kissed my fist gently, as gravity pulled down my translucent tears.

"I promise."

Fin.

~~~~~~~

MEOW.

I know, I know, I'm sorry.

*rubs your back as you cry into your arms*

but if you would like to read more of my writing, I'm currently writing another fanfic called A Love Like War, consisting of Leo, Percy, Nico and Jason.

and I'm sorry its been a while since I've updated.. I've been going through "problems"

But anyywhore..

THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH FOR READING!! IT ABSOLUTELY MEANS SOOO MUCH TO ME, KNOWING THAT PEOPLE APPRECIATE MY WRITING!! *hugs the crap out of all of you*

-Rezelda