Chapter 72

Chapter 72

DOUBLES

"How… could… you…"

Rain continued to pour down heavily, washing Kosuke's pale face while Spectra's guns remained pointed towards their group. Confusion has taken over him, his mind clouded by myriads of questions.

"Why…" Kosuke hissed. "How… How could it be you?"

"The Spectra also knows how to play the Decoy Game," Daisuke, Kosuke's father, answered.

"Dmitri Williams… your decoy?" Kosuke gasped in horror. "And you… you're the real leader of the Spectra Gang, father? Why… WHY?"

"I take everything in discretion. Every move… every plan… every precautionary measure possible… That's how the Spectra works, son. This is the very foundation of thirty long years of power – power that can neither be taken nor destroyed by anyone. And now, at last, we're near the 'pinnacle'…"

"People… looked up to you…" Kosuke said. "You're one of the most respected men in the whole Japan… and I was damn proud that I had such father… that I had such great man for a father… only to find out… only to find out that everything was a lie?"

"Welcome to the grand game of life, son," Daisuke said. "And in this game, I have no intention of losing. Soon enough, the whole Japan will be underour control. Maybe later, we could take on the whole world too… or… You could take on the whole world, Kosuke…"

"What are you saying?" Kosuke retorted. "You think I'll play along your side?"

"You have no choice."

"Who are you to say such thing?" Kosuke said. "I will NEVER join you."

"Have you forgotten that you're talking to the leader of the Spectra Gang?" Daisuke grinned. "And in the Spectra, we have a certain law – something that you should be familiar of by now…"

"That we never take 'NO' for an answer."

-F&L-

"SABURO-SAN! NO!"

Ayane jumped off her bike and ran towards à Toute Vitesse's door. She struggled to open the door using all her might; however, the entrance was locked from the inside with bolts and heavy chains.

"Saburo-san! Saburo-san! UGH!"

Ayane banged the door, but such gesture did not do the slightest help. She panicked when she peeped through the glass to watch the gaseous fog inside growing thicker and thicker. She looked around and saw a metal pipe on the floor. She immediately picked it up and slammed it towards the glass to break it.

But it did not help either.

She repeatedly attempted to break the glass, but the metal pipe was too thin to generate enough force that would be able to shatter the barrier.

"UGH, DAMN IT!" Ayane shouted. "SABURO-SAN! SABURO-SAN! HANG IN THERE PLEASE!"

When she was about to lose all hope, her gaze fell upon the Circa Constellation and, as fast as the speed of light, she came up with the perfect plan. She rushed towards her motorcycle and started the engine.

-#- BRRRMMM! BRRRMMM! -#-