IV

I barely survived classes with Cody being in it. He was literally sitting behind me.

Mr. Truman, our homeroom teacher was glaring at me the same way he glares at Cody. The students gave me sympathetic glances and avoid interaction with me as much as possible whenever Mr. Truman is around.

Yep. That's what I endured through out the day. This is all because of him.

After classes, I immediately left the classroom and went to the second floor to find the club.

At first, I got lost. I ended up at the Arts & Craft Club where I saw people bursting to tears while painting on their canvas which is extremely weird. I went out immediately.

Then I ran into the Photography Club where various flashing lights blinded me.

Oh, man. I thought to myself. This day just keeps on getting worse.

Finally, after a lots of me getting lost and barging in different clubs — I found the storage room that gleamed with the sign "NJC".

I opened the door to see myself staring at Jordan and Alex playing Chess. They looked so cute together.

Alex looked so cute in her glasses while figuring out some kind of strategy while Jordan was trying hard at not laughing at the sight of Alex struggling to play Chess with him.

But of course, because of my really really good luck — I ruined their moment by tripping myself at the doorstep startling them.

Wow Liz, that was awesomely well done!

"Ta-da". I said.

"Oh my god, Elizabeth are you okay?" said Alex.

"Yep. I'm fine." I said while dusting my shirt.

"Where's Cody?" Jordan asked.

"I dunno, wait he isn't here yet?"

Alex winked at me. "Look behind you."

"Nice entrance Capboy."  said Cody who was now standing at the doorstep. "Should've brought a camera with me, that would go viral!"

"Shut up. Because of you, our whole class sort of hates me now."

"You're welcome," said Cody sarcastically.

"What but why?" asked Alex.

"Erik," Cody muttered it as if it was some kind of a curse.

"Oh, he still hates you huh?" Jordan said.

"Yep, and the whole class is scared of him, and now me and Capboy are now heroes of our classroom." shrugged Cody.

"You know what, I'm not even going to bother." I said. "You're like the embodiment of sarcasm so I'm not going to even bother.

Alex and Jordan laughed while Cody looked at me proudly.

"Anyways," Jordan glanced at Cody. "Did you find anything about the house?"

"Well yeah, okay maybe sort of." said Cody.

"What are you guys talking about?" asked Alex.

"Wait, is this about the house Cody was checking out last week?" I said.

Cody snapped his fingers at me. "Bingo Capboy."

Alex turned to Jordan. "Jordan, what are you guys talking about?"

"About the house at that street. said Jordan.

"Y-you m-mean th–"

"Nah, there's no ghost Al." said Cody.

"Well that's a relief."

I tugged at Alex's sleeve. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Oh, sorry to leave you out Elizabeth."

"Just call me Eli."

"R-right Eli. There are rumors spreading here at school about the Ghost at White Street."

"Y-you mean at Magnolia?"

"Uh, no the other white street."

"Oh. But isn't there a bunch of streets here at Castle Rock that has white houses?" I asked.

"Well y-yeah but the white street in the rumor is about the Smp–"

"Sampaguita." Cody interrupted.

"Right. Anyways, there was a rumor that states that a ghost is supposedly living at the white street near at the other end of the street. The rumor started last summer when some couple of teenagers were walking back home after a pa–"

"I was at that party and there were a lot of cookies." gleamed Jordan.

"Uh... yeah as I was saying, the pa–"

"That party was supposedly Catherine's birthday party and was her last party." Cody interrupted.

"You mean, the slumber party happened after a party?" asked Jordan.

"Well ye–"

"WILL YOU GUYS SHUT YOUR TRAPS AND LEMME SPEAK TO ELI?!" shouted Alex.

Cody and Jordan were suddenly interested at their shoes.

"Anyways, I was saying before I got rudely interrupted," Alex glared at the two boys who, were still looking at their shoes. "The teenagers were walking around the residential area. They got lost and ended up at the white street."

"Are you telling me that there isn't a single street light lighted at that night? And they live here right? Why did they get lost?" I asked.

"There is. Because the residential area of Castle Rock is pretty huge, the lights on this place are few."

"Oh,"

"The teenagers were walking until they saw a house with dim lights gleaming from it. Since it was really late and almost of the residents are asleep, they decided to ask for directions to Magnolia."

"My street." I said.

"Well yeah, that's where most of the 'teenagers' live. But anyways, they knocked on the door and strangely, no one answered. They tried knocking again, but before they could knock again, a supposedly white transparent man opened the door which cause the teenagers to run away from the place."

"That sounds like a cliche urban school horror stories that I've heard before." I said.

"Well yeah, but the difference is that this one actually has photos of the "ghost" that one of the teenagers took during that night."

Alex showed me the pictures which the ghost was seen. One of the photo shows the creepy house of which is the one that Cody was checking out last week. Another one showed a pale, somewhat translucent man wearing an office suit.

What horrified me is the man in the photo actually looked like a ghost. He had bloodshot red eyes which had dark deep circles just below it. His skin was so white and somewhat transparent, that you could actually see his veins. He had a weird sad expression plastered onto his face.

"See what I mean? You know when I first heard of that rumor, I didn't believed it. But then, I saw these p-pictures." said Alex.

"You do know that there's actually no ghost in that house right?" Cody interrupted.