Chapter 6

MINHO'S P.O.V

"Where is she?" I ask. I am pacing back and forth, and I refuse to eat anything. "Dude, Minho. She'll show up, don't worry. Sit down. You haven't eaten anything in like a day and a half." Thomas says, but I brush it off. How can I not worry? Y/n isn't here, and I need to make sure she's okay. Last I saw she was being tested, and she gave me a look that said be careful. The others were eating happily along with a bunch of other people who had been in another maze. I caught a flash of h/c hair through the windows. Y/n. I ran to the windows. "Y/n!" i yelled. Everyone was too busy talking and eating that they didn't notice. She whipped her head around and looked at me. "Minho!" she yelled. But the guards pulled her away from the window. She talked to them earnestly, then made a puppy dog face before running to the window.  I pressed my hands up to the glass and she did the same. "We have to get out of here." she mouthed. I gave her a confused look. "Trust me!" Then she was pulled away by the guards, and I was dragged back to my seat. "What did she say?" Newt asks. "We have to get out of here." I repeat. All heads turn to Thomas, who looks both confused and like he understood. "What?" I ask. "Look, I don't know if you noticed because you were so worried, but I feel a weird vibe. I said we had to get out of here." Thomas says. "How do we get out of here then?" I ask. "You're not seriously trying to leave, are you?" Newt asks. "You know, some of us haven't had a proper bed or clean clothes in a while. These people have given us that." Newt says. "I know, but if we have two people saying we have to get out, and one of them isn't allowed to talk to us, then I say we should get out." I say. Fry nods his head in agreement, and so does Winston. Suddenly, I feel a guy bump into me. "Hey! Watch where you're goin-" but he widens his eyes and shushes me before pushing a note into my hand.

We get locked back into our room, which I never noticed before, but now the fact that they locked it made me suspicious. I open the note.

I can help you get out. 

I'll explain when I get to your room

"What the-" but Fry is cut off by a bang and then a boy crawling out from under Thomas's bed. We all jump back. He gets up, and walks forward. "I'm Aris." he says. We go around and introduce ourselves. "Look, he says. You know how they take away those people to the "safe haven"?" he asks. We all nod. "Yeah, it's not actually a safe haven. I followed them though the vents, and they are testing them." he explains. "Like, using their bodies?" Winston asks. "I've seen them being wheeled into this one room, but I never got to see what was inside." he says. I speak up. "Well, you're about to find out."