[17] Room Assignments & Candle Capers

Namine walked up to me and asked, "When should we go to bed?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Whenever you want."

"Should I go to Mattress King or Love Sack?" Namine asked again.

"Whichever you want." I replied.

"You should pick Mattress King." Axel said as he walked up to us.

"Why is that?" Namine questioned.

"Cuz the cool kids are gonna be in Love Sack, got it memorized?" Axel said as he smirked.

"Are you saying I'm not cool?" Namine asked quietly.

"Not in those exact words." Axel answered.

"Maybe I'll stay in Love Sack just to mess up your plans." Namine said as she crossed her arms and glared at Axel.

Even though I could kind of tell Axel was growing angry, he still managed to smile as he said, "You really don't want to do that."

Namine took a step forward and looked up at Axel, who was about a foot taller than her, and asked, "Oh yeah? Why not?"

"Alright, that's it. I'm assigning rooms." Leon said as he stepped in between Namine and Axel, "...Maggie, Cloud, Reno, Sora, Kairi, Yuffie, Vincent, and Noctis will be in Love Sack. Everyone else will be in Mattress King."

"What?!" both Axel and Namine questioned in unison.

"I'm not in Love Sack?!" Axel snapped just as Namine almost shrieked, "I have to room with him?!"

Leon shrugged, "Yeah, I guess so." he said before he walked away to tell everyone which room he assigned them to.

After Leon was out of earshot, Axel smirked and said, "This isn't over."

Namine narrowed her eyes at Axel, "You're right about that."

With those words being said, Axel and Namine turned away from each other and walked to opposite ends of the mall.

After a moment or two, Kairi walked up to me and asked, "Did I just hear that right? Are rooms being assigned now?"

"Yeah, I guess so." I quietly replied.

"You can't do that!" she said loudly.

"Can't do what?" I asked.

"You can't go off and assign everyone rooms. This isn't your mall. You can't dictate us like that. Just because some of the others think you're all that doesn't mean the rest of us do." Kairi said.

I shook my head, "Room assignments weren't my idea."

"I don't believe you." she said coldly.

"Really! Leon came up with the idea to end an argument." I defended.

Kairi raised an eyebrow, "So now you're gonna throw Leon under the bus so you don't look guilty?!"

"N-No, it's the truth." I stuttered.

Kairi narrowed her eyes at me, "I still don't believe you." She stepped closer to me, taking away all the space in between the two of us, and quietly muttered, "I think you're just getting everyone to trust you whole-heartedly so when you send them on a suicide mission they won't second guess you."

"What are you trying to say?" I asked quietly.

"I'm saying if this were the Enterprise you'd be deciding who got the next red shirt."

I was quiet for a second before I asked, "Did-Did you just make a Star Trek reference?"

Kairi growled and rolled her eyes, "Don't judge me. I watched a Big Bang Theory marathon two days ago.