[19] Goin' Dark

Vanitas guided me into the Food Court and sat me down at a table.

"You wait here and I'll find you something to eat." he said.

"I'm fine, really." I said as I started to get up.

Vanitas put pressure on my shoulder and forced me back down into my seat as he repeated, "You sit here." before he walked off somewhere behind me.

Seifer walked up to me and nodded once in Vanitas' direction as he asked, "What was that all about?"

I shook my head, "Don't worry about it."

Seifer sat down across from me, "Really? Cuz it looked like he was man-handling you."

Fuu walked up, sat down next to Seifer and said, "Scary."

"He's just helping me out." I replied. I decided to change the subject and asked, "What happened to your frozen fruit?"

Seifer rolled his eyes, "Kairi got bored watching it thaw out with us so she left and took the fruit with her."

Fuu rolled her eyes too and said, "Rude."

"Can't you just find more frozen fruit?" I asked.

"Dunno." Fuu said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"We haven't looked for more yet." Seifer clarified.

"Oh... Well. c'mon I'll help you look." I said.

I started to get up, but from somewhere in the Food Court Vanitas called out, "Sit!" and I flopped back down.

"On second thought, I think I'll just stay here." I said quietly.

Seifer raised an eyebrow and quietly said, "Oh-kay then."

I smiled sheepishly, "He really is helping me."

"I'm sure he is." Seifer muttered.

Fuu got up and began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

Fuu half turned back and said, "Rai." before she continued on.

"Oh." I said quietly.

Vanitas returned to the table with a giant slice of pizza, a Pini Colada Sobe drink, a cup of beef with broccoli, a BMT subway six-inch, an apple turnover, and a chocolate chip cookie. He set the food down in front of me and he sat down next to me.

"Damn man, that's a lot of food." Seifer said.

I nodded, "Yeah, I've got to agree with Seifer on this one. I can't eat all this."

Vanitas grunted, "I didn't know what you'd like and with the power going out soon I didn't want to go looking for something in the dark."

"Well, thank you Vanitas." I said as I smiled.

"Don't mention it...Ever." Vanitas muttered.

Seifer smirked, "I see what's going on here."

"There's nothing going on here." Vanitas said.

"Wait, what's going on here?" I asked, only to be ignored.

"I know there's something." Seifer pressed.

"It's nothing. Zack just asked me to do something and I did it." Vanitas replied.

"Well that's a first." Seifer muttered.

I began to snack on the Subway sandwich and the apple turnover. I knew they were both some kind of bread product, but they both looked really, really good.