Undead

-Aires' POV-

I run through the front door, and try to slam it, but the hinges shatter and door falls to the ground with a loud "bang!". The sounds of groans are getting closer, the horde is almost here. I turn away from the broken door and look for another place to hide. I run through the halls until I find a janitor's closet, I reach for the knob and it crumbles in my hand.

Finally I make it to the auditorium. I hear the shuffling sounds of walkers very close behind me. I frantically push on one of the many doors, only to find that it is barricaded. So is the next one, and the next. I feel a grubby hand grasp my shoulder, I spin around, and stab the creature in the head, it falls limp to the ground. More hands appear, grasping for my body. I grab my knife and try the next door. It opens unwillingly and I dash inside. I start to pull the door closed but the bars at the top stubbornly resist.

"Really! Of all the things broken in this stupid place, the thing that keeps the door from slamming, has to be one that works!" I yell before I kick the door in anger.

The metal bar snaps like a toothpick, and the door closes so fast, that I barely make it out alive. I hear a slight click and know the door is locked. I sigh and slide down the length of the door, breathing hard. Leaning my head back, I wonder how long it will take for the zombies to find me.

I hear a low growl. "Apparently not very long." I sigh again and stand up.

I look around and see nothing, so I look up. The stage lights are still on and they illuminate the area in an eerie yellow glow. Another growl sounds and confirms my suspicions. They came from the balcony.

I walk past torn-up corpses still propped up in their seats, and turn around after I clear the balcony. Corpses are piled up against the railings with their decaying arms extended out in front of them. The horde is even bigger than the one I was just running from.

"I am so dead." I mutter.

I know that the only way I am going to survive these monsters is if I some how manage to kill all of them while they are still up there. I reach into my side holster, pull out my best throwing knife and aim for one of the walkers in the front. Once it is dead the others will push it over the railing and I'll get my knife back, probably. And on that happy note, I throw my knife.

"Bullseye!" If I weren't going to die I'd do a fist pump right now. But I am going to die so yeah. I repeat that process several times and bodies start falling from the sky.

The last time I throw my knife, the walker I am aiming for jerks to the side, and the knife hits a zombie in the second row. I curse.

The hoard start to push against the bars even harder. The metal bars groan as they try to hold them back, they will break at any moment now; there are already several cracks snaking up the wall where the bars are mounted. Sure enough, the bars heave one final protest then let a sound like a autonomic cat dying, and the zombies fall from the balcony like an undead rain. Most get impaled on chairs and die instantly. Others fall in the isles and get flattened on impact. The horde is now significantly thinner but just then the doors burst open and my pursuers enter.

I keep backing up and throwing more knives, but I am running out of room and weapons.

The horde is closing in, "I am so fricken dead."