↷ ELEVEN

''You better come to school today

''You better come to school today.''

Devin Greene practically bounced wall to wall that Thursday morning. While in the process of getting ready for the school day, the pressure of how well she dressed today grew anxiety.

She made a scene in front of the entire school. Everyone knows only one side of the story. A story that was taken out of control into a twist that wasn't close to the truth.

A phone call shared with Jeffery Atkins was put on speaker, her cellular device put on her dresser.

''But there's people there, Jeff,'' She whines with a pout.

‘’So?’’ He chuckles.

Letting out a dramatic sigh, Devin pats her pillow down on her neatly done bed a final time before rushing over towards the corner of the dresser and grabbed her phone. She tapped the screen until her options had appeared and took the call off speaker. ‘’So, you’re not gonna be judged as the crazy girl that played two guys.’’

‘’Stop,’’ He gently spoke. ''I don't want you to worry about that. It's just us, it always will be just us.''

She couldn't fight the urge to smile when telling him, ''That's not how the world works.''

''It can't be how we work?''

A bubbly grin took over on her lips as she sat down on her bed. ''How did I get lucky to have you in my life?''

Over on his end of the line, he shrugs his shoulders while grabbing his bookbag. ''When you decided to be clumsy and not look where you were going.''

She rolls her eyes and giggles. ''Again with this?''

''But, I'm serious,'' He says more sternly after he chuckled as well. ''You better come to school today, Dev. I mean it.''

She furrows her brows as she reaches for her bag on the floor and slings it over her shoulder. ''Or what?''

''Don't test me, babe.''

Babe.

How the hell is she going to get used to being called that? From being seen like that in his eyes?

She nods her head. ''I'll see you at school?''

''You better.''

Devin Greene hangs up the phone and stuffs the device in her back pocket. She then grabs her keys from her nightstand and leaves her bedroom, stampeding downstairs and making her way out of the house.