Chapter 6 - Dark, Darker, Yet Monster

I T ' S   N O T   A   G A M E !

Also, scary wall of text at the end about the Tokyovania & Ink Sans situation. I feel like I should say some thing about it. *Sigh* -_-'

~~~~~Zephyr's P.O.V.~~~~~

"Where is Xephyr?"

Shara stared at me. "He got out- EVERYONE LOCK THE DOORS!" She snapped. "Use as little energy as you can!" I stared at her.

"What's going on?!" Cider demanded.

"It went wrong, he got out- Xephyr's in the ship's system--" As soon as the words left Shara's mouth, the lights went out.

"Well how do we find him?!" Cider growled. Shara held out the small hard drive that was near impossible to see in the dim room.

"Trap him in a computer or single system, then we can get him in this," Shara yelped as the lights turned back on.

Everyone immediately bolted in different directions. I jumped up, my head pounding, and ran to the cockpit. Lord knows what would happen if Xeph got control of the ship's direction. Or if he had control of the ship itself. I ran in to see that Chronos had the same thought. He was typing and examining the code, looking for traces of Xephyr. I looked around, expecting something to happen.

"It's not a game," I heard Xephyr's voice ring through the room. Chronos hissed in pain, the main computer shocking him. He glanced at me.

"Make sure he doesn't leave. I'll get Shar," He bolted out.

"Go away," Xephyr growled at me. I stepped forward, uncertain. I heard him growl at me as I started opening up the coding on the computer. Surprisingly, he didn't shock me. "GET OUT!" He screeched. I heard the computer start to buzz with electricity as the computer screen went black. I didn't have time to react, and I felt a bolt of energy shoot through me. I hissed in pain and backed away, not going to let Xeph shock me again. "Sorry..." He muttered. I've never heard him say something truly sincere before...

I jumped as I heard Shara run towards the room, Chronos right behind her. I heard Xephyr growl and the door slammed shut, leaving me alone with Xephyr. Shara hit the door, and hit the floor a second later. I glanced around, looking for any threats. I heard Chronos ram into the door, trying to open it in any way.

"Let's fix that..." Xephyr muttered, and a second later Chronos shrieked in pain. "...with a controlled shock..." He burst out in laughter. I backed away, careful not to touch any electrical equipment. "Eh? I'm not going to hurt you," Xephyr told me, and for a second, I believed it.

"You just shocked my, no- our brother. Don't you feel bad?" I asked, and didn't get an answer. "Xephyr....?"

"Leave me alone..." He growled, his voice showing resentment to what was next. "Just let me kill you..." My eyes widened. "...so I can be with my family..." I heard electricity crackle in the air, and a white hot pain soon after. I screamed in pain, doubling over. Electricity filled the room. I collapsed, the pain too much to bare. I shut my eyes, almost accepting my death, until it stopped with no warning. I slowly looked up, gasping for air. The room was dead silent.

I broke out in a coughing fit, clutching my chest. The room cooled down as I carefully stood up, gripping the wall for balance. "...I-I'm...I'm sorry...." I heard Xephyr say, guiltly. The door opened. "Just erase me, get it over with."

I watched as Shara entered and looked at me in concern. I felt my chest tighten, and I collapsed again. Chronos lifted me up as my eyes shut. "Zeph?" He asked as my breathing hitched. "What happened?! ZEPH?!"