Chapter 4 - Hopes & Dreams

If the title doesn't make sense it's like....
Well, Xephyr's Hopes' & Dreams' to be free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, we could just erase him," Xephyr said. I felt my heart stop for a brief moment. Shara looked shocked while Cider & Chronos looked uncomfortable.

"Xeph...you don't really mean that....do you....?" Cider asked, hoping that Xephyr was lying.

"I want you back...but I think erasing Zephyr is a bit extreme..." Chronos said. I could feel Xephyr's annoyance.

"Do you even know what it was like, to be trapped in a darkness that nothing could break?" Xephyr asked, growling. "I will not go back to that."

"Xephyr, we can find a different solution to this," Shara began.

"But do you want one? I saw how Cider looked at Zephyr once he knew that he wasn't me. He would be forgotten. He doesn't need to live," Xephyr insisted. 'Help me' I said softly. Shara glared at Xephyr.

"Let Zephyr in control," She commanded. Xephyr snorted and shook his head. "Zephyr, try to take over," He said. I felt Xephyr's anger...and his worry. His worry turned into fear as I tried taking over. We collapsed onto the ground, two voices talking at once. Each telling the other to stop.

"STOP!!"
"Why are you doing this?!"
"STOP FIGHTING BACK!!"

I could finally feel my limbs again. I could feel Xephyr's conscious in the back of my mind, his anger and fear coming in waves. I slowly got up and held onto Cider for balance. He helped me up. "Ow..." I groaned, clutching my head. 'Let me go.....' I heard Xephyr whisper in my mind. 'Please let me go...' I ignored him and turned to Shara. "Is there a way to stop him from taking control?" I asked. 'Don't erase me....'

"I could separate you, but that would take a ton of research and machinery. Or we could put Xephyr's VOC back into a computer," Shara said. 'Don't leave me alone...' I felt Xephyr's fear. 'Don't leave me in the dark...'

"I'll...I can wait...." I decided. Shara nodded.

"Okay...one more thing: can you feel Xephyr?" She asked. I nodded. "What is he feeling right now?"

"Fe- Nothing," Xephyr growled, interrupting what I was going to say. Fear. I briefly thought he had taken over again, but I was fine.

"Xeph can speak through you...noted..." Cider said. Chronos looked at Shara.

"How will you get the things needed to separate them?" He asked.

"I met someone named Hex," Shara began. "Him and I could make a plan. Hex's friend Seris could also help. But there's one thing..."

"What is it?" Chronos asked.

"They're mercenaries," Shara said.

"Your point?" Cider asked.

"There'll be dirty work, such as stealing," Shara sighed. "But they're our best bet."

I suddenly felt tired and my eyes started to close. I felt Xephyr's exhaustion as well. Taking control from one another must've tired us both out. Cider glanced at me. "You should get some rest," He said. I was too tired to do anything but nod my head and go to my room.

I turned off the lights and laid down on my bed. I closed my eyes. 'Why is it so dark...?' I heard Xephyr ask. "Go to sleep," I groaned. 'Why is it so dark?' He asked again. I ignored him. I felt a spike of panic as Xephyr tried taking control. 'So dark...why is it so dark?!' I shot up and turned on the lamp. I felt Xephyr slowly calm down, not saying anything. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Are you okay now?" I asked. I got no response. I heard soft breathing in the back of my mind, telling me that Xephyr had fallen asleep. I soon did as well.

~~~~~3rd Person P.O.V.~~~~~

Shara talked with Cider & Chronos and soon had called Hex. "Hey Hex," Shara started.

"Yeah?"
"I need you to come over."
"Why?"
"I'll explain everything once your here."
"I'll be there once you tell me where your ship actually is."
"We're around Undertale."
"Seris and I'll be there soon."

The call ended. Shara turned to Cider and Chronos. "Okay, he'll be here soon," She said

"Okay, so exactly IS Hex? How did you meet him? Is he your boyfriend or something?" Cider asked the last part teasingly.

"No, we are not in a relationship. As to how we met..."

~~~~~Flashback~~~~~

Shara entered the small shop, planning to get what was needed. "Why, hello there, ma'am!" A bunny monster greeted cheerfully. "What're you lookin' for?"

"I'm looking for anything that, well, I don't think you'll have it..."

"Oh, if we don't have it, I can tell you somene who does!"

"I am looking for a device or software that can help turn a file into a living being."

The bunny lady froze. "Ma'am, doing things like that...that's illegal," She reached for her phone. Shara's bright orange eyes widened and she ran out of the store, an alarm sounding behind her. She needed to get back to the ship! Shara ran into an ally and hid, several people passing by, looking for her.

She backed deeper, and ended up bumping into something...or someone. She jolted around and stared into glowing red eyes. "Why, hello there. I am Hex. Why is a lady like you in a place like this?" He stepped into the light, showing that he was a skeleton. Shara froze.

"I am Shara," She responded, sounding calm. "I am going back to my ship."

"You should be, after what you told them."

"What...? How did you...?"

"I was about to go in, until I heard what you said. That kind of stuff is illegal and can get you killed. Don't worry, I won't tell since I'm also a 'renegade' of sorts. I've also heard what you need, and about that, I can help you."

Shara raised an eyebrow, slightly interested. "You have access to things like that? Hard to believe."

"I know, but I don't have access to that, my boss does."

"And who is your boss?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that, miss. Anyways..." Hex gave Shara a slip of paper. "If you need anything like that, contact my group. If I don't answer, then a skeleton named Series will. Anyways, Shara, pleasure doing work with you," He turned and teleported away.

Shara sighed and looked at the slip of paper. "What have I gotten myself into...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Behold, HEX!