Chapter 2

Damon starts chuckling. "Wow. I can't believe it's taken you this long to remember me Jessica, love."
    My jaw drops. "You already knew who I was?"
    He smiles. "I could never forget you. I loved you."
    Tears started to prick my eyes as my mind remembered all of our memories together. They came rushing toward me all at once. "Loved? You don't love me anymore?" I knew that I could just read his mind and get all my answers that way but I really wanted to hear his voice. I've missed him, I just didn't realize how much.
    He looks at me seriously while slowly walking toward me. "I still love you. I never stopped." He paused. "When I was turned, I was going to look for you. I wanted to turn you so that we could be together. With nobody in the way."
    I was speechless. I didn't know that I had meant that much to him. I thought it had just been me. I turned to face the lake. "Who-" I swallow hard. "Who turned you Damon?" I walked to the edge of the lake to sit down. Arms wrapped around my waist before I could though. I turned around in Damon's embrace and looked up at his face.
    He tightens his arms around me. "I don't know her name. She never told me. I was riding my bike to catch up with you and your parents. I never got the chance to give you my gift." He removed one arm from around my waist and dug into one of his pockets in his jacket.
    He pulled out a silver chain. Attached onto the chain is a silver locket heart. There's words engraved on the front. 'Damon Wright's only love'. I hold the locket in my hands and open it. Inside is a picture of Damon. Tears start threatening to fall out of my eyes again. He clasps the necklace around my neck and lays my head against his chest. His arms wrap themselves back around me and tighten.
    He starts to speak again. "I was hoping that once your parents saw how much you meant to me, that they would stay in California. I was coming up behind your vehicle when I was suddenly attacked." I winced. He felt my cringe and held me tighter. "I was about to black out when I heard a car crash around me.
    "As soon as I came to, my neck was burning. It felt like I was on fire in that spot. I looked into a car mirror that had landed next to me and noticed that I had a bite mark. I've read many vampire novels and heard you always talk about 'Twilight' to know what bit me." I smile a little to that when I hear the humor in his voice.
    "I suddenly heard screaming come from the other side of the car and ran towards it. I was so weak from what was happening to me that I couldn't go towards the screaming. That's all I can remember from that day." We stood there in the quiet for a few minutes in each other' arms.
    Damon was about to speak when I put my hand up to his lips and cut him off. "I know the rest. I can read people's minds and you keep thinking about it." We were silent again till I start speaking again. "It's getting late and we had a very interesting day. Did you come here by yourself or are you with a friend?" I'm hoping by himself because I don't want to be alone anymore now that he's back in my life.
    He chuckles. "Yes, I came by myself." He lifted an eyebrow.
    I smile. "You can come stay with me. If you want to." I sounded unsure.
    Now he's the one smiling. "Love, there is no where else I would rather be and no one else I'd rather be with."
    "Follow me and I'll lead you to where I live then." I smile bigger.  I'm finally happy again. The love of my life is back. I started to head toward my Harley when Damon grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me into his warm embrace again. I sighed happily.
    He lifted up my chin with two fingers- feeling his touch sent warmth into my body- and crushed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his wrapped around my waist. We could stay like this for hours. Literally because we don't need sleep. Or oxygen.
    He moved his lips to my ear and whispered "I love you Jessica. Forever. Never leave my side again. I don't want to lose you."
    I whispered back to him "And I love you Damon. Don't leave me and I won't leave you." He placed his lips onto mine again. We slowly pull away and walk to our bikes hand in hand. We headed to my house. Side by side, motor by motor. It was kind of cute.
    When we made it to my house I had barely turned off my engine when Damon swept me up in his arms and carried me to my room. Well it was going to be our room now. Though how did he open my door or know where my room was?
    He let my feet touch the ground and I looked up at him with a smile. He was about to walk away when I grabbed his hand. He turned back around and I smiled a shy smile. "I know that you're a perfect gentleman and all but you're allowed to sleep with me." I bite my lip. "I don't want to be separated when we don't have to be."
    He smiles. I laid down on the bed first and he follows after me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. I felt his lips at the base of my neck, then moving up to my ear and whispers "Goodnight love."
    My heart fills with even more love. "Goodnight."